Hello

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Joliet4

Hello

Post by Joliet4 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:05 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Jo!

My dad used to use Taxi back in ... oh heck, 2004? How long has Taxi been around? His username was BigDrisk. Was a wonderful songwriter, but I'm biased of course. He passed in 2008.

Anyway, I kind of forgot Taxi existed until I started making my own music these past couple of years, and now I'm here to learn whatever he did.

I'm so happy to read these threads of your successes and see the kind of advice you share with one another. Seems like such a kind community! And I'm angry for you all, reading that somehow one doesn't always see one's royalties when their songs are used (or perhaps re-used) in commercial way?? WHAT??

But I digress. Happy to be here, and happy to meet you. Onward to music making!

jdkotaska
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Hello

Post by jdkotaska » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:03 am

Welcome to the TAXI forums (and the actual TAXI A&R service, of course)! I hope you find your way to success here. :D

JuanMacias
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by JuanMacias » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:23 am

Joliet4 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:05 pm

My dad used to use Taxi back in ... oh heck, 2004? How long has Taxi been around? His username was BigDrisk. Was a wonderful songwriter, but I'm biased of course. He passed in 2008.

Anyway, I kind of forgot Taxi existed until I started making my own music these past couple of years, and now I'm here to learn whatever he did.

I'm so happy to read these threads of your successes and see the kind of advice you share with one another. Seems like such a kind community! And I'm angry for you all, reading that somehow one doesn't always see one's royalties when their songs are used (or perhaps re-used) in commercial way?? WHAT??

Hi Jolie
Welcome to the forums. I was listening to some of your song in your taxi profile and I have to tell you that you are a great singer and composer. Do you produce all your songs?
On the other hand; i wanted to ask you how did you create the link to your taxi profile? i was trying but i couldn't figure it out.......

Juan

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:47 am

Joliet4 wrote:

Welcome to the forum!
Cheers,
Matt

edmondredd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by edmondredd » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:37 pm

Joliet4 wrote:

Hey Jo, welcome to the forums and to Taxi, I hope you enjoy the ride!
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

Joliet4

Post by Joliet4 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:21 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. <3
JuanMacias wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:23 am

Hi Jolie
Welcome to the forums. I was listening to some of your song in your taxi profile and I have to tell you that you are a great singer and composer. Do you produce all your songs?
On the other hand; i wanted to ask you how did you create the link to your taxi profile? i was trying but i couldn't figure it out.......

Juan
Hey Juan! Thank you for the kind compliment! I work with a producer. I write something and then take it over to his place and we build the tracks together and fatten it up. Most fun I've ever had in my life.

To make links, make sure you have BBcode turned on (it's on by default)
and do this, but remove the space I put in after this first bracket ---> [ url=https://www.google.com/]Google doodles are on POINT right now what the heck[/url]

Should look like this: Google doodles are on POINT right now what the heck

Cheers!