One track to more than one submission

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

stylayly

One track to more than one submission

Post by stylayly » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:44 am

It is my understanding that it is okay to submit one track to as many listings as the track matches. If the track is forwarded to multiple libraries, the first library I sign to controls the track and if another library then wants the track I can compose another track for the second library. Clearly if I sign a non-exclusive contract the rules are different. Does this sound correct? Any thoughts, comments or suggestions?

Thank you very much

Clay Bearden
I have not failed; I know 2,000 ways how not to make a light bulb. - Thomas Edison

Clay Bearden

https://www.taxi.com/members/stylayly

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: One track to more than one submission

Post by hummingbird » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:01 am

If you are getting forwarded, keep submitting until you get an offer. Once you sign that track, if it's to an exclusive entity, and you are subsequently contacted by another entity, you may respond to say the forwarded track has unfortunately been signed exclusively, but you do have other similar tracks in your catalogue, and could you submit one or more of them for consideration. If it were me in that email I would include my website address in my signature and make sure one or two similar tracks are on the website just in case they go to listen.

JMHO
HTH
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: One track to more than one submission

Post by AlanHall » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:06 pm

hummingbird wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:01 am
...in that email I would include my website address in my signature and make sure one or two similar tracks are on the website just in case they go to listen.
+1 for the golden tip, Vikki!