Trailer-style cover, public domain (S210809DC)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Trailer-style cover, public domain (S210809DC)

Post by edmondredd » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:23 pm

I guess I'm a bit late to chime in, since the deadline was yesterday but fwiw, I suppose what was requested was more of a trailer structure type of cue to start with.
Another thing also, while cinematic trailer cues have a lot of orchestral instruments and elements incorporated with them, realism is not something that is extremely important in that case: usually trailer editors are looking for big, out of this world percussions with sonic elements such as sound design that would enhance the cut.
Andy did a great job compiling the info in short bullet points, but each point would take some time to learn, apply and master.
Lastly, listening to the references and trying to emulate (not copying) is probably the best way to start understanding trailer music or any request in that sense.
Sorry again if I'm late to chime in, but I wish you the best of luck with your submission,
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Appreciate the input, Edmond. There will no doubt be opportunities down the road to apply it!
===
Michael & Sharon

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:01 pm

So this did not get forwarded, mainly because: "There is just a bit too much dissonance between the orchestration and the topline of the song."

Full critique here

Here's what we submitted

The screener also noted that "Vocals are pitchy" and "Vocal performance off target for the listing"

If anyone is interested in helping us get a little more precision on these last two points, that would be wonderful.

===
Michael & Sharon