IK Multimedia 25X Special Group Buy Promo

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Post Reply
Ted
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:32 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

IK Multimedia 25X Special Group Buy Promo

Post by Ted » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:37 pm

Hey guys, IK Multimedia is having a cool "group buy" promo this month; you buy one eligible software title and get another of equal/lesser value for free-- and then for every one thousand more purchases made worldwide over the course of the month, you get to choose another free software title. So potentially it could be "buy one, get 24 free" if enough people get in on it. There's a tally on the website so you can see in real time how close we are to getting another free product. I already have most of the IK stuff but there are some nice new Sampletank libraries I wanted to pick up.

Yesterday I bought Shipwreck Piano and selected Fractured Piano as my first free one (I was able to use some Jam Points toward the purchase too)-- and today woke up to find another free selection of my choice waiting in my account so I picked up Malletension.

Shipwreck Piano is a haunting cinematic upright piano that would be great in a trailer type setting. The others in the Cinekinetik line are really beautiful too. Lots of sounds to explore and be inspired by. I'm hoping enough people get into the promo that I can grab the entire Electromagnetik line that just came out too.

Also, I don't know if I mentioned it but IK's new Sampletron 2 is awesome. I picked that up when it came out a few months ago. I always wanted that retro Mellotron sound like I've heard on AIR albums and it really delivers. Fun to use and very pretty GUI (like they did with the Hammond B-3X).

So spread the word and lets get some free stuff!

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/25gb/

User avatar
AlanHall
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:46 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Great Black Swamp, northwest Ohio
Contact:

Re: IK Multimedia 25X Special Group Buy Promo

Post by AlanHall » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:20 pm

+1 from Me!
I added Orchestral Percussion and Cinematic Percussion to my Miroslav Philharmonic samples, pretty nice for buy one get one free ;)
Since the 25x deal is up to buy one, get FIVE free at this point, I also added a pop drums package and some amp sims for amplitube. Still looking at what to fill out the deal with, have a couple slots open for freebies. I'm psyched to get these while there's still software available that is compatible with my early 21st-century computer :P

Does anyone have a recommendation for a piano that could be good in hybrid orch/electronic cues? I'm looking at the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand, haven't pulled the trigger.

There's a few days of the sale left, so check it out!

Ted
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:32 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: IK Multimedia 25X Special Group Buy Promo

Post by Ted » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:34 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:20 pm
+1 from Me!
I added Orchestral Percussion and Cinematic Percussion to my Miroslav Philharmonic samples, pretty nice for buy one get one free ;)
Since the 25x deal is up to buy one, get FIVE free at this point, I also added a pop drums package and some amp sims for amplitube. Still looking at what to fill out the deal with, have a couple slots open for freebies. I'm psyched to get these while there's still software available that is compatible with my early 21st-century computer :P

Does anyone have a recommendation for a piano that could be good in hybrid orch/electronic cues? I'm looking at the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand, haven't pulled the trigger.

There's a few days of the sale left, so check it out!
Hey Alan, glad you were able to grab some free stuff-- hoping you're able to snag some more freebies. This promo is a lot of fun!

So far it's buy one-- get 6 free-- and I've been able to get everything from the Cinekinetik and Electromagnetik lines for free-- except the Piano Bass, but I anticipate getting that soon too. Really good stuff. I recently upgraded to a new 88 key MIDI keyboard in my studio because I was sick of trying to play piano parts on 61 keys-- so I'm really enjoying playing these new sounds.

Yeah, I use the Alan Parsons piano a lot when I'm just wanting to pull up a great all around piano and do some playing. I use the Koeln preset a lot. The Brandenburg Piano is nice too-- it's maybe a but darker and more intimate, immediate sounding. The Art Deco Piano is bright sounding-- it might be something I'd use for cocktail jazz. These are probably considered somewhat older libraries now, compared to some newer stuff but they sound great to me-- especially the Parsons.

I'm not too sure what piano would be good for hybrid orchestral/electronic cues-- kinda been out of the Taxi loop for a while and I forget this genre stuff pretty quick. Like I mentioned, the new Shipwreck Piano is great-- it has a haunting spacious atmosphere that just stands up nicely in the foreground with a simple melodic element. Slow parts sound so ethereal with it. I also like Fractured piano-- it's like an odds and ends collection of prepared piano samples-- it's pretty far-out there. Some of these sounds are heavily processed and almost sound like synths. But the sound design elements could maybe work in some hybrid cues-- because there's a nice bridge between the organic and the synthesized.

Aside from IK stuff, I like NI's Noire piano for cinematic sounds. The granular particles elements can give a lot of movement to a simple idea.

Cheers,

Ted

Cameloide
Getting Busy
Getting Busy
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:09 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: IK Multimedia 25X Special Group Buy Promo

Post by Cameloide » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:51 am

Well, damn...I was about to take the plunge until I looked into how many licenses/computers I'd be able to load it on. Unless I'm misunderstanding, it seems like they are saying you can load 2 licenses as long as the computers are using the same operating system. I use Pro Tools on a Mac at my studio and on a PC in my home studio, so that's going to rule me out. Seems like one of those stupid policies that's only going to encourage more piracy. With Native Instruments, once you pay they let you download installers for both PC and Mac.

User avatar
AlanHall
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:46 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Great Black Swamp, northwest Ohio
Contact:

Re: IK Multimedia 25X Special Group Buy Promo

Post by AlanHall » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:34 pm

They extended the sale for another month because, well, I guess they want everybody to "buy one, get ten free" at this point. I'm going to have to woodshed for a few months just to audition the stuff I've downloaded so far... and there will be a bunch more before the new month is up :geek:

Cameloide
Getting Busy
Getting Busy
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:09 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: IK Multimedia 25X Special Group Buy Promo

Post by Cameloide » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:40 am

AlanHall wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:34 pm
They extended the sale for another month because, well, I guess they want everybody to "buy one, get ten free" at this point. I'm going to have to woodshed for a few months just to audition the stuff I've downloaded so far... and there will be a bunch more before the new month is up :geek:
Well...if they keep that up I might just reconsider.

User avatar
AlanHall
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:46 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Great Black Swamp, northwest Ohio
Contact:

Re: IK Multimedia 25X Special Group Buy Promo

Post by AlanHall » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:49 am

Cameloide wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:40 am
AlanHall wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:34 pm
They extended the sale for another month because, well, I guess they want everybody to "buy one, get ten free" at this point. I'm going to have to woodshed for a few months just to audition the stuff I've downloaded so far... and there will be a bunch more before the new month is up :geek:
Well...if they keep that up I might just reconsider.
You may want to double-check the OS limitation, I see installers available for both MacOS and Windows in my product view. An email or a visit to the IK multimedia user forum may clear that up?

Thedude4774
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:00 am
Contact:

Re: IK Multimedia 25X Special Group Buy Promo

Post by Thedude4774 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:22 pm

I've been trying to decide whether to jump in or wait for the Total Studio 3 Max to go on sale again. How is the PhilHarmonik? How is the SampleTank? How are the T-rackS? Is it worth it to hold out and get the max versions, or are there just a few expansions from each that are worth it?

Ted
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:32 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: IK Multimedia 25X Special Group Buy Promo

Post by Ted » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:34 pm

Thedude4774 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:22 pm
I've been trying to decide whether to jump in or wait for the Total Studio 3 Max to go on sale again. How is the PhilHarmonik? How is the SampleTank? How are the T-rackS? Is it worth it to hold out and get the max versions, or are there just a few expansions from each that are worth it?
First, it's pretty cool that they extended this promo for another month. I'm already maxed out on everything at this point, so I'm piling more freebies up than I can even use-- but it was worth it for me to get the Cinekinetik and Electromagnetik libraries.

Hmmm... the question of whether to get in on this promo or wait for Total Studio 3 Max to go on sale again... I guess it depends on what IK products you already have, hence what kind of personalized upgrade you would get in your IK account. I jumped on the upgrade from 2 to 3 when it came out and got it all for $299 which was a steal. But that offer is no more and I don't know when/if there will be another Max bundle upgrade deal. I will say this current promo is a really impressive one. I'm kind of a completist and have to have everything, but if I only had a few IK things, I'd clean up like a bandit on this sale.

I'm a more casual user of orchestral tools, but the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is something I like a lot-- though it's maybe considered old it sounds great to me. I like how easy and fast it is to put together whatever multitimbral arrangements you want and just start laying down ideas. The same goes for Sampletank 4-- I have other stuff like NI Komplete/Kontakt and for whatever reason I generally gravitate toward working in Sampletank-- and I've become an IK fanboy in general (As a guitarist Amplitube 5 Max really won me over).

Regarding T-Racks, I love all that stuff too. I have a tendency to put too many plugins into my mastering efforts so that's something I'm trying to reign in-- these plugins are so nice and fun to use it's hard to resist.

One thing that is part of T-Racks that I really love is the Sunset Sound Reverb. I've got a large number of well known reverb plugins from different manufacturers at this point, and this reverb is my favorite for a vocal track-- I love it.

Ted
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:32 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: IK Multimedia 25X Special Group Buy Promo

Post by Ted » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:38 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:34 pm
I'm going to have to woodshed for a few months just to audition the stuff I've downloaded so far... and there will be a bunch more before the new month is up :geek:
Glad you've been able to get some new stuff in this promo, Alan. Curious as to what you selected. :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests