Too Old To Rock?

Got a gig? Looking to Gig? Post it up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

paulkearnsmusic

Re: Too Old To Rock?

Post by paulkearnsmusic » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:58 am

. I don't intend to stop gigging any time soon and I'm not exactly in my teens myself. Basically, I can't not do it.
Just noticed this thread (nothing gets past me) :shock: :D :D

I know how you feel but, after breaking my back, I simply can't do it any more. So my playing career (that started when the date started 197..) had to end on the live front.

I'm in Somerset and still try to keep as involved as I can (tricky in a wheelchair).
Keep it live brother as long as you can stand up. There's always younger people to carry your amplifier!!

Take care

Paul :D

rpeckyno
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rpeckyno » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:40 pm

I'm really glad I read through all the replies here. It is pretty inspiring to hear everyone's encouragement!! (I suspect there are actually many many many of us in about the same situation).

I will add that - as a keys player, I find that as the years go on, after every gig, I begin to ask myself why I did not learn guitar instead... :lol:
-robert peckyno / @streamingkeys
Pecknotes Productions: https://pecknotes.com
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/imaginaurium/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/tharsisdrip

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Zaychi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:52 am

Please note that this thread is four years old and the OP hasn't returned here since 2018.

But I was wondering, why would you rather have been a guitar player? Aren't the roles of keys and guitar rather similar in a band? (Well if you're not in Deftones).

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:58 am

Zaychi wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:52 am
But I was wondering, why would you rather have been a guitar player? Aren't the roles of keys and guitar rather similar in a band? (Well if you're not in Deftones).
My guess would be that its more about pounds, cubic feet and mobility than roles. We can all get by with small and lightweight basic gear but where's the fun in that? :roll: :lol:
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

louderandlouder

Post by louderandlouder » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:00 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:11 pm
even more bands than ever will be willing to play for next to nothing, and we'll have finally hit the bottom.

The joy you give and get might not pay the bills but its wonderful currency, and in those terms it sounds to me like you're a wealthy man. Never hang up your pick! :)
YIKES! - I was just on thread about the boost in wedding gigs so maybe that's another alternative (and joyous) way to earn and play?