We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

"Happy Clappy" Instrumental Cue #2

Post by DouglasKnight » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:39 pm

Hey All --

Wondering if I am on the right track here, or not, for the listing below?

Any and all feedback is welcome: https://www.taxi.com/members/Gjdf7sdFR5 ... -happy-2-0

"HAPPY, CLAPPY" ACOUSTIC POP INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an extremely busy Music Library with a tremendously long list of killer placements in Hit TV Shows!

This Library is on the hunt for a bunch of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that are in the general stylistic ballpark of these references we got directly from them:

Chewy Commercial

"Carefree" by Kevin MacLeod

"Make It Shine" by Sophonic Media

"Spring In My Step" by Silent Partner

Please send well-produced Acoustic Pop Instrumentals with a happy-go-lucky vibe and sound. Your submissions should have bouncy rhythms, polished production, and top-notch Acoustic-based instrumentation – think ukulele, acoustic guitar, snaps, glockenspiel, etc. – and don't forget those claps! Craft your Cues around a singular, feel-good motif, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. If you plan on using any virtual instruments or samples, they need to sound like the real thing and can't be stiff or low-quality.

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are strongly recommended. Do NOT copy the referenced tracks in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

Thanks,
DK
Last edited by DouglasKnight on Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:36 am, edited 6 times in total.

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "Happy Clappy" Instrumental Cue #2

Post by superkons » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:26 am

The glock sound better than your 1st attempt, but I do find your tune to be very repetitive. While there may some subtle changes in the background, the main melodic line is basically playing the same notes for the whole duration of the piece, might want to let another instrument take over
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:43 am

I think this is a very worthy effort! I was missing the low end a bit in the first section, so I'm glad you introduced it after the edit point. I agree with Marco that perhaps sharing the lead with another instrument would help, otherwise the simple repetitive glock melody gets a bit much. Also, I'm surprised you let the final glock phrase 'hang'. My expectation was that it would resolve as part of the ending. Good track though, and I wouldn't be surprised if its forwarded, perhaps after a bit of tweaking.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:27 am

LIke the other two guys have said , it's a good effort but it's a a bit repetitive. this is more of an arrangement issue than a musical one as there is enough material there I feel ( i.e. it's not just the same 4 chords going around )

So I think you need to mix it up a bit with your instruments. Try having the melody on the glock first, then play on something else, then play on them both together or work out a call / response melody.

This thread may help topic146048.html

Or TL:DR - just download a cheat sheet I made https://pdfhost.io/v/LBOwk0xbh_Cosmics_ ... eetpdf.pdf

Mark

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:21 am

superkons wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:26 am
The glock sound better than your 1st attempt, but I do find your tune to be very repetitive. While there may some subtle changes in the background, the main melodic line is basically playing the same notes for the whole duration of the piece, might want to let another instrument take over
Thank you for the notes on this, I really appreciate it and will continue working on it.
All the best,
Doug

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:22 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:43 am
I think this is a very worthy effort! I was missing the low end a bit in the first section, so I'm glad you introduced it after the edit point. I agree with Marco that perhaps sharing the lead with another instrument would help, otherwise the simple repetitive glock melody gets a bit much. Also, I'm surprised you let the final glock phrase 'hang'. My expectation was that it would resolve as part of the ending. Good track though, and I wouldn't be surprised if its forwarded, perhaps after a bit of tweaking.
Completely agree with you, and will keep building on this. Many thanks for the encouragement! Doug

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:23 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:27 am
LIke the other two guys have said , it's a good effort but it's a a bit repetitive. this is more of an arrangement issue than a musical one as there is enough material there I feel ( i.e. it's not just the same 4 chords going around )

So I think you need to mix it up a bit with your instruments. Try having the melody on the glock first, then play on something else, then play on them both together or work out a call / response melody.

This thread may help topic146048.html

Or TL:DR - just download a cheat sheet I made https://pdfhost.io/v/LBOwk0xbh_Cosmics_ ... eetpdf.pdf

Mark
Thanks! Will check out the resources, much appreciated!
Doug

NMN
Active
Active

Post by NMN » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:12 pm

DouglasKnight wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:39 pm
Hey All --

Wondering if I am on the right track here, or not, for the listing below?

Any and all feedback is welcome: https://www.taxi.com/members/Gjdf7sdFR5 ... -so-happy-

"HAPPY, CLAPPY" ACOUSTIC POP INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an extremely busy Music Library with a tremendously long list of killer placements in Hit TV Shows!

This Library is on the hunt for a bunch of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that are in the general stylistic ballpark of these references we got directly from them:

Chewy Commercial

"Carefree" by Kevin MacLeod

"Make It Shine" by Sophonic Media

"Spring In My Step" by Silent Partner

Please send well-produced Acoustic Pop Instrumentals with a happy-go-lucky vibe and sound. Your submissions should have bouncy rhythms, polished production, and top-notch Acoustic-based instrumentation – think ukulele, acoustic guitar, snaps, glockenspiel, etc. – and don't forget those claps! Craft your Cues around a singular, feel-good motif, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. If you plan on using any virtual instruments or samples, they need to sound like the real thing and can't be stiff or low-quality.

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are strongly recommended. Do NOT copy the referenced tracks in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

Thanks,
DK
Hi Douglas, maybe a human whistling that lead synth flute part that starts at around 33. I also think the claps should stand out a little more in the mix. As far as repetition goes, the reference tracks sound incredibly repetitive to me, especially the "Make it Shine" track. If you think it's needed, you could try dropping some instruments during a phrase, adding a short bridge section, or adding some guitar similar to the 3rd reference track. Hope that helps!

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:45 pm

[/quote]

Hi Douglas, maybe a human whistling that lead synth flute part that starts at around 33. I also think the claps should stand out a little more in the mix. As far as repetition goes, the reference tracks sound incredibly repetitive to me, especially the "Make it Shine" track. If you think it's needed, you could try dropping some instruments during a phrase, adding a short bridge section, or adding some guitar similar to the 3rd reference track. Hope that helps!
[/quote]

Yes! Will try to fix the whistling part, great idea. Thanks for listening and your excellent feedback…
DK

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:49 am

I've made some updates to this based on suggestions, and would welcome any additional feedback: https://www.taxi.com/members/Gjdf7sdFR5 ... -happy-2-0
Last edited by DouglasKnight on Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:36 am, edited 3 times in total.