Country Song in Nashville Publisher Catalog

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

dtrainddog

Country Song in Nashville Publisher Catalog

Post by dtrainddog » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:14 pm

Hi,

I'm thrilled to announce that a song I Co-Wrote with Taxi member Barry Hale has been accepted to a catalog for a music publisher in Nashville! Is this normal for them to add it to their catalog before a deal? One step forward in the right direction. It's encouraging to know that someone in the music biz believes in a song I wrote and has connections to the industry decision makers. Here's what they said in an email after our submission.

Thanks for your submission. We have reviewed your music and are very excited to have the opportunity to work with you ... (What a lovely tune... The team thought the demo and the honest lyrics were exceptional!)

If a Music Supervisor, Publisher, Producer, Artist, A&R executive, or Artist Manager decides to move forward with your music ( meaning a publishing deal, relisten, hold, cut or sync placement) we will reach out to you via email immediately.

The song is called "Still A Few." Here's the link.
Check out Darin Martin on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Eiy7D

Thanks for the listen.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Country Song in Nashville Publisher Catalog

Post by Casey H » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:28 pm

Congrats!
What do you mean by "before a deal"? Did they send you a contract to sign? If they say your song is added to their catalog but there is no contract, something's not right.

Good luck! I hope this works out!
:D Casey

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Country Song in Nashville Publisher Catalog

Post by JohnnyP » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:33 am

dtrainddog wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:14 pm
Hi,

I'm thrilled to announce that a song I Co-Wrote with Taxi member Barry Hale has been accepted to a catalog for a music publisher in Nashville! Is this normal for them to add it to their catalog before a deal? One step forward in the right direction. It's encouraging to know that someone in the music biz believes in a song I wrote and has connections to the industry decision makers. Here's what they said in an email after our submission.

Thanks for your submission. We have reviewed your music and are very excited to have the opportunity to work with you ... (What a lovely tune... The team thought the demo and the honest lyrics were exceptional!)

If a Music Supervisor, Publisher, Producer, Artist, A&R executive, or Artist Manager decides to move forward with your music ( meaning a publishing deal, relisten, hold, cut or sync placement) we will reach out to you via email immediately.

The song is called "Still A Few." Here's the link.
Check out Darin Martin on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Eiy7D

Thanks for the listen.
First of all congrats on writing a great song! Secondly is this a "song-plugger" that you're working with? Usually a song plugger will pitch a song to artists, labels etc for a percentage or a flat fee. Just curious :) . please keep us posted
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com