Forward for an old song (1998)

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Forward for an old song (1998)

Post by melodea » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:35 am

Happy to have a Forward for "I Want My Cake" for the Listing S21090RP "ORIGINAL, VINTAGE R&B/POP SONGS that were RECORDED in the 1990s with Female Vocals are needed by an A-List Music Publisher for Film and TV sync licensing".
My lovely wife Rhonda Dorsey is featured as a top liner, co-composer, lead vocalist, vocal arranger, and backing vocalist. We produced this track back in 1998 using Emagic Logic Audio 3.5 and a Yamaha 02R Console. I'm glad some vintage stuff is still needed these days ;)
Here is the track:
https://www.taxi.com/members/jFlSTGTDRQ ... cake-1998-
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Forward for an old song (1998)

Post by MBantle » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:40 am

melodea wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:35 am
Happy to have a Forward for "I Want My Cake" for the Listing S21090RP "ORIGINAL, VINTAGE R&B/POP SONGS that were RECORDED in the 1990s with Female Vocals are needed by an A-List Music Publisher for Film and TV sync licensing".
My lovely wife Rhonda Dorsey is featured as a top liner, co-composer, lead vocalist, vocal arranger, and backing vocalist. We produced this track back in 1998 using Emagic Logic Audio 3.5 and a Yamaha 02R Console. I'm glad some vintage stuff is still needed these days ;)
Here is the track:
https://www.taxi.com/members/jFlSTGTDRQ ... cake-1998-
Hi Melodea!
That is great! I am always curious how Taxi members have those 'old projects' at hand so that they can submit them after all this time. Did you still have a hard drive or similar where the song was stored? Usually, publishers require sub-mixes ('-vocals' etc.) and are you still able to submit those or is that not required when it comes to vintage listings. Really interesting! All the best.
Cheers,
Matt

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Forward for an old song (1998)

Post by melodea » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:29 pm

Thanks Matt!

I still have the sessions of songs I produced or co-produced from back in the day. Luckily for this particular one, I had a decent Mix which was good enough to send in. I used to transfer the sessions of a bunch of songs from one Logic upgrade to the next, so I could open them in the future. I have some more stuff in store waiting to a) be mixed again to make it sound more like 2020isch but keep the 90ties feel and b) to be revised completely with a new, current sounding production. But so far (I'm with Taxi since January 2021) I was able to successfully submit two "vintage" Tracks from the past. In the second case, it was an instrumental track, which I basically completely rearranged but keeping the melodies, harmonies, and basic feel. Since I haven't heard back from Publishers I have no answer to the question about sub-mixes and stems. But if that request would come I would have no choice to reproduce some sounds that I used back in the 90ties (I, unfortunately, didn't bounce all the sound from external MIDI equipment!). But no sweat about that, I'll cross that bridge if I get there....

cheers

Chris
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser