Looking for unique/alt vocalists to collaborate on triphop, altpop, etc.

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

HUM4NB0RN

Looking for unique/alt vocalists to collaborate on triphop, altpop, etc.

Post by HUM4NB0RN » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:06 pm

Hi, fellow passengers!

My name is Alejandro. I have been on this yellow cab for a couple of years, but never thought about using the forum until it was mentioned yesterday... Here's my Taxi profile as an initial e-handshake - https://www.taxi.com/members/hum4nb0rn

I make different kinds of music, mostly within the indie/alternative/pop universe. And I love artists/bands who have something unusual or unique, especially in the vocals, while keeping an approachable/pop spirit. Some examples would be CocoRosie, Alt-J, Beach House, Imogen Heap, Architecture In Helsinki, Woodkid, Daughter, Highasakite, Phoenix, M83, etc. I think my music is a lot closer to those artists than my vocals, so I am looking for partners to take it to the next level.

If you are a vocalist who is also good at writing melodies/lyrics (sometimes over unusual ideas), and if you'd like to collaborate on future Taxi submissions, I would love to hear from you. I am currently working on a couple of triphop tracks for S210905TR (due Sep 5), so we could start right away if you're game.

---

My website (with a section of previous work): https://hum4nb0rn.com/
My projects you can find on streaming platforms: HUM4NB0RN, Theory Of The Lion, In No One's Name

I am interested in sending different kinds of submissions every month (indie pop, more commercial, happy/hopeful, rock, etc.). So, if you like what you hear in my references and if you think you can help make it better, let's talk!

Thank you for reading. Take care and have a great day! :)

HChewins

Re: Looking for unique/alt vocalists to collaborate on triphop, altpop, etc.

Post by HChewins » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:45 am

Hey Alejandro!

I'm new to Taxi and keen to co-write and collab, too. (I love Alt-J and Imogen Heap.)

I'm a singer and I can write lyrics and melodies. I think my voice might be a good fit for alt-pop.

I don't have a lot of recorded material, but here are some projects I've done in the past so you can get a sense of the tone of my voice:

https://soundcloud.com/seamstress/the-wanderer

https://soundcloud.com/user-518602366

Let me know if you want to try writing together!

All best,
Hayley

PS. If you'd rather email, I'm at hayley dot lisa dot chewins @ gmail dot com :)

HUM4NB0RN

Post by HUM4NB0RN » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:41 pm

Thanks, Hayley!

Just sent you an email (let me know if you don't get it).

YoungManTerrell
Active
Active

Post by YoungManTerrell » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:32 pm

HChewins wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:45 am

I don't have a lot of recorded material, but here are some projects I've done in the past so you can get a sense of the tone of my voice
Hey there,

Hayley you have amazing control and timing, you are seemingly not rushing and you are breathing well. If the collaboration happens, I'll be ears. Would like to hear more, in the future.

- Terrell Beckless

LollieVox

Post by LollieVox » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:47 am

Hello, really enjoyed your ambient work & I would be interested in a collaboration.
I presently have cuts in movies Angel Eyes ( JLO movie on Netflix) Driven ( Sylvester Stallone) Peashooter ( on Amazon) & more, but Im known most for my work on FL Studio ( they sell my vocal packs) so I'm familiar with the Electronica scene. Unfortunately my most recent work isn't hitting the mark with my taxi pitches...so Im open to new producers. You can hear my work here, Thank you for your consideration LollieVox

https://www.taxi.com/members/_6QALzMIRM ... x-lezina-j

HUM4NB0RN

Post by HUM4NB0RN » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:54 am

LollieVox wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:47 am
Hello, really enjoyed your ambient work & I would be interested in a collaboration.

Hi LollieVox! Thanks for your reply. I just sent you a PM (let me know if you don't get it).

HUM4NB0RN

Post by HUM4NB0RN » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:57 am

YoungManTerrell wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:32 pm
HChewins wrote:

I don't have a lot of recorded material, but here are some projects I've done in the past so you can get a sense of the tone of my voice
If the collaboration happens, I'll be ears. Would like to hear more, in the future.

Hi Terrell,

Thank you for your comment!

The collaboration did happen, and it's been amazing. We have 2 songs so far and I think they are incredible. Give us a few days to finish the masters, and maybe we can give you an exclusive sneak peek with a private link or something like that ;)

YoungManTerrell
Active
Active

Post by YoungManTerrell » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:25 am

HUM4NB0RN wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:57 am
YoungManTerrell wrote:
HChewins wrote:

If the collaboration happens, I'll be ears. Would like to hear more, in the future.
The collaboration did happen, and it's been amazing. We have 2 songs so far and I think they are incredible. Give us a few days to finish the masters, and maybe we can give you an exclusive sneak peek with a private link or something like that ;)
Will do.

HChewins

Post by HChewins » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:02 pm

YoungManTerrell wrote:
HChewins wrote:

Hey there,

Hayley you have amazing control and timing, you are seemingly not rushing and you are breathing well. If the collaboration happens, I'll be ears. Would like to hear more, in the future.

- Terrell Beckless
Hey Terrell,

This is such a kind comment; thanks so much! You can check out the songs Alejandro and I have done together on my public profile, if you're interested: https://www.taxi.com/members/hayleychewins :)

YoungManTerrell
Active
Active

Post by YoungManTerrell » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:14 am

HChewins wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:02 pm
Hey Terrell,

This is such a kind comment; thanks so much! You can check out the songs Alejandro and I have done together on my public profile, if you're interested: https://www.taxi.com/members/hayleychewins :)
[/quote]

Hey there Hayley,

Neither of the material disappointed. Material amazing in arrangement, production, timing, the fact I can actually hear you have a feel towards the songs. Bloodstream is an absolute beauty. Love the timing and how absorbent the emotion is. Definitely a song that I will be listening to within and maybe over the next few weeks. Again amazing timing, and breathing. Thank you both, over the fact both of you delivered amazing art, I hope you all had fun developing.
Last edited by YoungManTerrell on Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.