Forward Producing

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LarryR

Re: Forward Producing

Post by LarryR » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:10 am

Forward Producing is a great idea. I do it occasionally. It seems good to keep a balance that works for you between producing for listings and producing for what may be needed in the future.

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:37 am

Thanks for the many answers and useful tips! I think the biggest problem is the fact that I can pull off an Instrumental Track or two in a timeframe a Listing usually asks for. Of course, that's for me who has a day job and family, etc. But I really want to jump into the songwriting business (which I'm very familiar with from experiences back in the day). I don't see it as possible to write, arrange, produce and mix a song in that timeframe. The only solution I see is to forward produce in the genres generally requester from Taxi. Any thoughts?
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Zaychi » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:13 pm

It is difficult. There IS some sort of pattern in the listings, but it is pretty unpredictable. A few months ago it was all "stomp-clap" listings, now they died down and it is all indie pop (or pop-rock). Some genres stay popular all the time though, like upbeat top 40. I'd say follow the listings closely, and if there are several similar listings within a few weeks, likely a few more will follow... but don't count on it!