Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Feedback needed for "HAPPY, CLAPPY" ACOUSTIC POP INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by DennisPMusic » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:46 am

Hi Taxi members

Will my song work for this Listing?
I'm 95% done with the mix, but if you have any comments I will take incorporate them in my final mix😊.

https://www.taxi.com/members/a9Q_Ye0vSv ... imes-ahead

The LISTING:

"HAPPY, CLAPPY" ACOUSTIC POP INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an extremely busy Music Library with a tremendously long list of killer placements in Hit TV Shows!

This Library is on the hunt for a bunch of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that are in the general stylistic ballpark of these references we got directly from them:

Chewy Commercial

"Carefree" by Kevin MacLeod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L6HjwwcyCs

"Make It Shine" by Sophonic Media
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UASfXSQ015U

"Spring In My Step" by Silent Partner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5uBZQKi47Y

Please send well-produced Acoustic Pop Instrumentals with a happy-go-lucky vibe and sound. Your submissions should have bouncy rhythms, polished production, and top-notch Acoustic-based instrumentation – think ukulele, acoustic guitar, snaps, glockenspiel, etc. – and don't forget those claps! Craft your Cues around a singular, feel-good motif, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. If you plan on using any virtual instruments or samples, they need to sound like the real thing and can't be stiff or low-quality.

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are strongly recommended. Do NOT copy the referenced tracks in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feedback needed for "HAPPY, CLAPPY" ACOUSTIC POP INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by Zaychi » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:03 am

Very nice, suits the mood perfectly! Cool build as well, pretty subtle!

Just some minor stuff:
- Are you sure about the long bass notes right after it enters? There's much more energy in that bass later on, when you make them shorter!
- The listing specifically says "Don't forget the claps"... yours aren't very prominent...

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:16 am

Zaychi wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:03 am
Very nice, suits the mood perfectly! Cool build as well, pretty subtle!

Just some minor stuff:
- Are you sure about the long bass notes right after it enters? There's much more energy in that bass later on, when you make them shorter!
- The listing specifically says "Don't forget the claps"... yours aren't very prominent...
Hi Zaychi

Thanks for your feedback, it's appreciated πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.

I play long notes on the bass from the start, just to build it up. Right now I think the bass is generally 1-2 db to loud.

You're right about the claps, I will make them more prominent in the mix😊.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:14 pm

I think it's right on target for the listing and agree that more prominent claps will help. Excellent work!
DK

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:51 pm

Really great stuff, Dennis! The only thing I can add is that - in my uncalibrated and casual listening - the 1st ref track seemed to have a bit more headroom than your track, giving it a bit more depth and subtlety overall. Just my impression. Maybe A/B compare with all three tracks to make sure your 2-bus compression is in the ballpark when mastering?
Alan

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:44 am

AlanHall wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:51 pm
Really great stuff, Dennis! The only thing I can add is that - in my uncalibrated and casual listening - the 1st ref track seemed to have a bit more headroom than your track, giving it a bit more depth and subtlety overall. Just my impression. Maybe A/B compare with all three tracks to make sure your 2-bus compression is in the ballpark when mastering?
Alan
Hi Alan

Thanks for your feedbackπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.
The three reference tracks are all sounding very different from each other.
The arrangement of the first track is also very minimalistic and has not much development compared to my track, so it will sound more open.
My track is a little more "In Your Face" and modern sounding, but I will take your feedback into consideration when I make the final trackπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:45 am

DouglasKnight wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:14 pm
I think it's right on target for the listing and agree that more prominent claps will help. Excellent work!
DK
Thanks, DouglasπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.
I will turn up the Claps in my final mix tomorrowπŸ‘.