We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: S210729YR Feedback requested

Post by AlanHall » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:55 pm

Just to pile on... :roll:
A song written for sync needs to be as described. For an artist pitch, the rules are different. Please keep that in mind, and don't get discouraged when Taxi does what Taxi has to do.

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:36 pm

I'll just add that I don't think it would be that hard to "generalize" it from a lyrical standpoint. There's really only a couple of places where it's too specific. Mainly, the "El Camino", "Reno" and "Loreli". Of course, I don't know what the recording process was, or what would be involved in laying those new vocals in.

===
Michael

Surfgtr
Active
Active

Post by Surfgtr » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:14 pm

Thanks for the input.......appreciate it.........I've decided moving forward to create alternate mixes with sanitized generic lyrics replacing the "offending" words for pitching to synch......a little more work but may give songs more opportunity .....Also helps after reviewing a listing when you ask yourself maybe, might be, could be?...I will always try to write lyrics to truth and create images in one's mind but I understand when I see that Taxi disclaimer sometimes you gotta just "sell some soap" LOL!

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:51 pm

Rather than sanitize, I'd recommend creating songs for sync in one folder, and songs for artist pitches (posterity, if you want to think of it that way) in another. Of course, when a music supe or showrunner hears your music and just 'has to have it', then it gets placed regardless of whether you intended it for sync or not.