Can you ask for another screener?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Can you ask for another screener?

Post by DennisPMusic » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:08 am

HI

My last 8 submissions have been reviewed by the same screener(416) and I have submitted tracks in very different music styles from Jazz Drum solo to Happy Clappy music.
I thought TAXI had different screeners for different genres?
Is it possible to ask for another screener, because I in some cases completely disagree with his feedback?

The first song I submitted to TAXI back in Juli got forwarded by 416 and his only critique was that I had to add more layers to the lead melody at the end.
Monday I submitted the same song to the same type of listing(Happy Clappy) and had added some extra layers to the melody.
Now it got rejected because it was too repetitive and needed more arc. He also claims that it only had one section, but it has two.
I ask TAXI members for feedback on this track and no one thought it was too repetitive, but it was a good song for this listing.

I submitted two songs to this listing and the other one got forwarded, so maybe it´s not possible to get two songs forwarded?

My song:
https://www.taxi.com/members/a9Q_Ye0vSv ... istle-song

The Listing:

"HAPPY, CLAPPY" ACOUSTIC POP INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an extremely busy Music Library with a tremendously long list of killer placements in Hit TV Shows!

Please send well-produced Acoustic Pop Instrumentals with a happy-go-lucky vibe and sound. Your submissions should have bouncy rhythms, polished production, and top-notch Acoustic-based instrumentation – think ukulele, acoustic guitar, snaps, glockenspiel, etc. – and don't forget those claps! Craft your Cues around a singular, feel-good motif, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. If you plan on using any virtual instruments or samples, they need to sound like the real thing and can't be stiff or low-quality.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Can you ask for another screener?

Post by Casey H » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:36 am

Hi Dennis
You can't ask for a different screener. You get what you get. Many screeners have skills in multiple genres. However, if you strongly disagree on a return, you can drop an email to headscreener AT taxi dot com and your situation will be looked into. You'll also get more info on it. In most cases, your return will not be reversed to a forward (it happens VERY occasionally), but you'll have a better understanding of where they were coming from. You still might not agree but they will respond.

You should reserve this for he ones that seem far off to you after getting feedback from folks here, trusted sources, etc. and not do this every time you don't like a return.

And no, there is no "forward only one" thing (unless the listing specifically says that). Whatever you submit that meets the requirements at the "bar" level should get forwarded.

Best,
:D Casey

ballereau
Active
Active

Post by ballereau » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:40 pm

Hi,

That is very interesting.
I had a forward for a song in March for Happy Clappy pop acoustic! It was forwarded by 416.
He gave me a few ideas to make it better but he said it had enough to get a forward.
Now another happy clappy pop acoustic came up. I did the changes he suggested and submitted the piece again.
Now it got returned from 416. He said it was rally close but repetitive.
Never said that the first time.
Sometimes this process is so random.

good luck
Larry

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:03 pm

ballereau wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:40 pm
Hi,

That is very interesting.
I had a forward for a song in March for Happy Clappy pop acoustic! It was forwarded by 416.
He gave me a few ideas to make it better but he said it had enough to get a forward.
Now another happy clappy pop acoustic came up. I did the changes he suggested and submitted the piece again.
Now it got returned from 416. He said it was rally close but repetitive.
Never said that the first time.
Sometimes this process is so random.

good luck
Larry
Keep in mind that each forward/return is with respect to the particular client/listing/bar. So a track could be forwarded for a similar listing and returned for the other. That does not mean the system is 100% perfect, there are no head-scratchers, mistakes, etc. If you have concerns about a particular screener, a return, a listing, etc. it's a good idea to contact Taxi and discuss it. They do listen to member feedback though it's rare that returns get changed to forwards (it happens now and then). If a lot of members have the same concern, it carries more weight, of course. And it should go without saying, when you contact them, be a pro, polite and professional.

I get the feeling that on THIS listing, the screener was very in tune with the client's particular need that the cue developed and didn't stay in the same place too long (instruments, intensity). Did the listing express that well enough? I think the words did but the reference track may not have been ideal.

:D Casey