Ukulele sounds

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MJLeeman
Impressive
Impressive

Ukulele sounds

Post by MJLeeman » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:07 pm

Any suggestions for ukulele sounds? I’m going to have a go at writing a “happy clappy” style instrumental cue and I want to see if I can successfully include a virtual ukulele on the track.
Cheers
Michael

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Ukulele sounds

Post by melodea » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:57 am

Play it yourself! Easy to learn. (Maybe I’m a bit biased since I’ve been playing guitar & bass all my life). But some simple melodies and two note chords are doable especially for those happy clappy listings.
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

RPaul
Impressive
Impressive

Post by RPaul » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:43 pm

MJLeeman wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:07 pm
Any suggestions for ukulele sounds? I’m going to have a go at writing a “happy clappy” style instrumental cue and I want to see if I can successfully include a virtual ukulele on the track.
When I was looking for a virtual ukulele, I ended up getting Indiginus The Ukulele (https://www.indiginus.com/the-ukulele). I found it very good for what I was needing at the time (also a "happy clappy" song), and with a lot of flexibility. It was also quite economical (as long as you already have the full version of KONTAKT that it requires).

In case you'd like to hear it in action, the song I got it for is "Dream a Mighty Dream" (https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=9YfeBXVIwJ4).

Rick

Cameloide
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Cameloide » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:20 am

MJLeeman wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:07 pm
Cheers
Michael
For someone that plays guitar or other instruments with frets, I'd suggest just buying a cheap ukelele for $50 or less. I bought a $50 Rogue mandolin not too long ago and have used it on a bunch of cues that have gotten signed. None of the clients have noticed or cared that it's cheap or that I'm not a legit mandolin player. Plus it'll hold its value as opposed to a plug-in which will probably be obsolete in a few years.