Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Feedback needed for POSITIVE ELECTRO POP INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by DennisPMusic » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:23 am

HI Taxi Members

I have made a song for this listing.
Is it on target, or does it need to be improved in any way?
This type of music is not my strong side, but I have done my best:-).

'My Song: https://www.taxi.com/members/a9Q_Ye0vSv ... imes-ahead

Reference Tracks: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/shtb70i452s1 ... je2Ga?dl=0

The Listing:

POSITIVE ELECTRO POP INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful boutique Music Library that's distributed by Universal for placements in Commercials, Advertisements, and Promotions.

NOTE: We previously ran this request as TAXI Listing #S210725MP , but the Library didn't find what they were looking for. If you submitted to listing #S210725MP, please send different material this time around.

NEW TIPS FROM THE LIBRARY TO HELP YOU NAIL THIS PITCH: "Many composers throw in way too many ideas and are not focused on ONE CENTRAL MOTIF: they try to keep things interesting by adding new harmonic lines and elements (melodies, even improvisations, etc) instead of focusing on the production and textures. What I'm looking for is basically: obvious production music (in form and structure), that sounds like commercial music (production style)." Put simply, keep it SIMPLE! We know that other Libraries like to receive music with complementary A and B sections, but this Library is NOT one of them – stick with ONE CENTRAL MOTIF per submission, please!

This is a catalog you want to be in! Please listen to the following examples the Library gave us to get yourself in the ballpark of what they need:

Instrumental Examples

Quoting the Library: "We're looking for positive, uplifting and motivational modern Electro Pop Cues that would be well-suited for promos and positive, lively settings. Each piece needs to have that clearly forward-going, determined feel and vibe – that's the difference compared to e.g. 'cheerful': The vibe/mood is NOT so much 'easy-going, happy life,' but rather 'you can do this.'"

Please send well-crafted Instrumental Cues with modern Electro Pop instrumentation and production elements. Craft your Cues around one clear, positive motif, and create a sense of dynamics and forward momentum by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Your production and all virtual instruments or samples you use should be high-quality and fresh. If your pieces could get viewers feeling good and ready to take on the world, you could have what this Library is looking for!

Another Production Tip from the Library: "Make sure there are options for editors by having different sections (ie: build-ups, accent sections, dynamic section... etc). Avoid any (prominent) leads or anything that's too distracting; rather, use catchy little motifs/phrases that are embedded in the chord progression/arrangement."

All submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Good edit points and non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are required. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feedback needed for POSITIVE ELECTRO POP INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:18 pm

Very nice work, Dennis! I really like the track - especially the breakdown at 1:10 -- and it sounds on par with the reference tracks to me. Best of luck with the submission!
DK

LachlanCross

Post by LachlanCross » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:33 am

Hi Dennis,

Sounds bang on to me.

Maybe add claps to give it a bit more human element.

Otherwise, let it be.

Nice one.
Lachlan Cross
Singer/Songwriter/Composer
Sydney, Australia
www.taxi.com/members/lachlancross
www.moonshifter.com

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:14 pm

DouglasKnight wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:18 pm
Very nice work, Dennis! I really like the track - especially the breakdown at 1:10 -- and it sounds on par with the reference tracks to me. Best of luck with the submission!
DK
Thanks for your comments Douglas😊. I hope that the screener will like it too.
Dennis P

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:16 pm

LachlanCross wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:33 am
Hi Dennis,

Sounds bang on to me.

Maybe add claps to give it a bit more human element.

Otherwise, let it be.

Nice one.
There are actually three different claps layered in there, but maybe that should be more prominent😊.
Thanks, for your feedbackπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.

jefflaplante
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jefflaplante » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:06 pm

Nice work! I got 3 returns on this listing. Hope you had better luck.

Jeff

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:02 pm

jefflaplante wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:06 pm
Nice work! I got 3 returns on this listing. Hope you had better luck.

Jeff
Hi Jeff. Thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry about your returns, it's hard.
I got my song forwarded, so that's nice.

All the best

Dennis P

karafinman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by karafinman » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:25 pm

Very good! Not sure if this is over, but the only thing that bothered me was the constant use of that lick (even when it was varied) every two bars (except of course in the breakdown). When you had the full complement of instruments and sound, you did not need that so often. Giving it space makes it sound more special.