REVISED Stomp,Clap w/ Vocal Chants

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

REVISED Stomp,Clap w/ Vocal Chants

Post by johndalenow » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:52 pm

I used Serum for all the synths. Please let me know what I might change to make it better. This is "raw" UNMIXED. Thanks. all!

https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... 65054cfac6

STOMP-CLAP INSTRUMENTALS with NON-LYRICAL VOCAL CHANTS are needed by an EXCLUSIVE, LA-based Music Licensing Company that specializes in music for Movie Trailers, TV, Films, and Video Games.

This Company is looking for Instrumentals in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references we got directly from them:

WARNING: The references may include graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised.

"Superhuman" by Campfire feat. Shane Eli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-07kKBZcZA

"The Drum" by The Seige

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ujRptOjoAQ

"Human" by Rag'n'Bone Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52vehHn8KfQ

Although the references have lyrical vocals, please submit tracks with non-lyrical vocals only – think ahs, oohs, whoops, yeahs, etc.

Quoting the Company: "We're looking for stomp-clap, "We Will Rock You"-type rhythms with anthemic vocal chants, distorted bass and guitars, and fun, aggressive sound design rhythms and fills."

Please submit fresh Stomp-Clap Instrumentals with gritty guitar riffs, driving rhythms, and lots of aggressive energy. Judging by the references, we think a combo of Rock and Hip-Hop instrumentation/elements will suit your submissions best. Please be sure that your production and any virtual instruments or samples you use are modern and high-quality. All non-lyrical vocal chants should be well-performed (nothing pitchy!) and energetic, as well.

Submissions should be about 90 seconds to 3 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the material you submit for this request CANNOT be signed with other publishers or catalogs. Sync fees will be split 50/50. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Sunday, October 31st, 2021. TAXI # S211031SC
Last edited by johndalenow on Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Stomp,Clap w/ Vocal Chants

Post by Telefunkin » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:05 am

Hi John,
If you can, drop a version of The Drum in your DAW and flip between that and your track. It has HUGE stomps and thick claps, plus a distorted modern sounding bass for a start. Although your track has a good structure and the parts work musically and mechanically its sound comes across as weak and dated by comparison. There's no real stomp, the claps are tame, and although you used Serum the chosen sounds are from a different era (the square wave in particular is way too 70's). I think if you spruced it all up with more appropriate sounds you'd be much closer. However, note the vital listing details...
johndalenow wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:52 pm
"We're looking for stomp-clap, "We Will Rock You"-type rhythms with anthemic vocal chants, distorted bass and guitars, and fun, aggressive sound design rhythms and fills."

Please submit fresh Stomp-Clap Instrumentals with gritty guitar riffs, driving rhythms, and lots of aggressive energy. Judging by the references, we think a combo of Rock and Hip-Hop instrumentation/elements will suit your submissions best. Please be sure that your production and any virtual instruments or samples you use are modern and high-quality. All non-lyrical vocal chants should be well-performed (nothing pitchy!) and energetic, as well.
I suggest listening again to those refs and picking out what they have in common in terms of attitude and sonics. You've got the framework, but I reckon you'll need to beef every bit of it up from flyweight to super heavyweight before you get in the ring :). Good luck though.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

swdaze
Impressive
Impressive

Post by swdaze » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:39 am

I like the overall vibe. I both love and hate that bass sound. Good advice above. Pump up the stomp claps. The groove around 2:00 is hot. Drop the break down section IMHO. Or change it up.

Good solid start to build off.

Good luck!!

Geo
A square peg can be an elegant solution to a round hole

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:46 am

swdaze wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:39 am
I like the overall vibe. I both love and hate that bass sound. Good advice above. Pump up the stomp claps. The groove around 2:00 is hot. Drop the break down section IMHO. Or change it up.

Good luck!!

Geo
Thanks for the valued comments. Best!

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:48 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:05 am
Hi John,
If you can, drop a version of The Drum in your DAW and flip between that and your track. It has HUGE stomps and thick claps, plus a distorted modern sounding bass for a start. Although your track has a good structure and the parts work musically and mechanically its sound comes across as weak and dated by comparison. There's no real stomp, the claps are tame, and although you used Serum the chosen sounds are from a different era (the square wave in particular is way too 70's). I think if you spruced it all up with more appropriate sounds you'd be much closer. However, note the vital listing details...
johndalenow wrote:
"We're looking for stomp-clap, "We Will Rock You"-type rhythms with anthemic vocal chants, distorted bass and guitars, and fun, aggressive sound design rhythms and fills."

I suggest listening again to those refs and picking out what they have in common in terms of attitude and sonics. You've got the framework, but I reckon you'll need to beef every bit of it up from flyweight to super heavyweight before you get in the ring :). Good luck though.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. Best!

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:46 pm

johndalenow wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:48 am
Telefunkin wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:05 am
Hi John,
johndalenow wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Best!
If ya got a moment, please listen to this revision. https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... 91cead6f55
Last edited by johndalenow on Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:48 pm

johndalenow wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:46 am
swdaze wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:39 am

Good luck!!

Geo
Thanks for the valued comments. Best!
See what ya think of this one. (I wasn't sure what you were referring to as the "break down" section.) https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... 79f6347805

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: REVISED Stomp,Clap w/ Vocal Chants

Post by irthlingz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:33 pm

John - Getting "track not found" on this latest soundcloud link.

===
Michael

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:28 pm

irthlingz wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:33 pm
John - Getting "track not found" on this latest soundcloud link.

===
Michael
Try it now, Michael. Not sure what the problem was.

https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... df8f67fe79
Last edited by johndalenow on Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:50 pm

Still no luck, John, sorry!