Thoughts Piano-Driven Track TAXI # S211106UN

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Thoughts Piano-Driven Track TAXI # S211106UN

Post by bmoBauhaus » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:24 am

Hi there,

I am looking for feedback on this track. I read the TAXI ad and came up with this piano idea this morning. I think I could flesh it out with strings and it would match what they are looking for. However, the ad says to avoid an A/B section form and just stick to one idea. I have sort of an intro to main section that repeats itself. Do you think this would get forwarded? Maybe I could cut the middle A part and have more of an intro A followed by B and another B? This is just a rough idea and I just recorded it on my phone, haven't actually produced yet. Would love any thoughts on this. Thank you.

I have attached a soundcloud link below.

https://soundcloud.com/brian-morales-16 ... soundcloud]
[/soundcloud]

superblonde
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Thoughts Piano-Driven Track TAXI # S211106UN

Post by superblonde » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:46 pm

Piano line sounds very nice, it is a sequence, that matches the refs well. The noise floor is very high, as you mention, recorded on a phone.

I believe there needs to be additional instrumentation on the second half to thicken the texture. That's what they asked for and that's what the ref does.

Maybe you could cut the track into separate tracks, finish each of them with the singular idea orchestrated in a few ways, and then submit multiple cues.

As for the ending? Not sure, do you need a buttonized chord or is it okay to trail off? Maybe they don't want the 'soft/ritard ending' and instead want a definitive final beat ("DAH - DUN!", you know).
. . . www.superblonde.org "All Kale Seitan! ♭II ‼" -Moshpit Chant of the Vegan Metalhead

superblonde
Impressive
Impressive

Post by superblonde » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:09 am

this thread should be in the peer-to-peer area.
. . . www.superblonde.org "All Kale Seitan! ♭II ‼" -Moshpit Chant of the Vegan Metalhead

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bmoBauhaus » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:33 am

Yeah, I realized that now. Thank you!