My first Deal!!!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Gregsongs

My first Deal!!!

Post by Gregsongs » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:14 pm

I come from a background of writing country songs in Nashville. I spent a little over 20 years in music city and was blessed to hold a staff writer position for most of those years. I had many cuts and even a Grammy nomination. I say all that to say that I was so programmed to write that style in that way that in order to learn to COMPOSE for film and tv I had to Unlearn years of habits. I have been a Taxi member for 6 months now and just signed my first composition to a music library. I have submitted to listings every week for those six months and have just gotten a handful of things forwarded. I don't know if that is better or worse than average and I don't really care. What I DO care about is taking to heart the critique of every song that was returned and using it as a learning tool to better my craft. Taxi has a system that CAN get you in the door, And even teach an old dog new tricks!!!

KNielsen13

Re: My first Deal!!!

Post by KNielsen13 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:17 pm

Congratulations!! I am new here too. Less than a month in. Only one forward so far, but I agree, the feedback on the returns is worth gold. Still getting my sea legs on how to submit only the exact thing they are looking for. Your story inspires me to keep going and keep improving!
Really happy for you!! Yay!

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:57 pm

Congratulations, Greg! That is awesome! And thank you so much for sharing about your signing to a library with us! That is a great encouragement to all of us!
I am impressed by your experience in Music City! Yes, composing for Film & TV is a different animal, but it lives in the same Zoo! ;)
Many good wishes for your continued success, and I'm so glad you joined TAXI! Hope to see you on TAXI TV, the Quarantinis, and most especially, the Road Rally!

Merry

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:22 am

Gregsongs wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:14 pm
I come from a background of writing country songs in Nashville. I spent a little over 20 years in music city and was blessed to hold a staff writer position for most of those years. I had many cuts and even a Grammy nomination. I say all that to say that I was so programmed to write that style in that way that in order to learn to COMPOSE for film and tv I had to Unlearn years of habits. I have been a Taxi member for 6 months now and just signed my first composition to a music library. I have submitted to listings every week for those six months and have just gotten a handful of things forwarded. I don't know if that is better or worse than average and I don't really care. What I DO care about is taking to heart the critique of every song that was returned and using it as a learning tool to better my craft. Taxi has a system that CAN get you in the door, And even teach an old dog new tricks!!!
Congrats Greg on what I'm sure will be your first of many deals! And thanks for sharing!
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ComposerLDG » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:14 pm

Congratulations! With your attitude and dedication, I'm sure it's the first of many!

-Loren
Loren DiGiorgi
Uniquely piano-inspired Orchestral | Tension | Hybrid | Trailer
lorendigiorgi.com
www.taxi.com/lorendigiorgi
www.soundcloud.com/ldigiorgi
YouTube
Instagram

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:44 pm

Congrats from a Lurker in The Peanut Gallery -
who happens to like writing Classic Country/Gospel songs...
so - "You had me at your Nashville bio..." :? 8-)
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra