We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Feedback needed for CONTEMPLATIVE HYBRID UNDERSCORE INSTRUMENTAL

Post by DennisPMusic » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:48 pm

Hi Taxi members

I'm 99% done with my attempt at this listing.
Is it on target with their requests?
There are deadlines tomorrow:-)

My track:
https://www.taxi.com/members/a9Q_Ye0vSv ... ful-moment

Reference Track:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3fjplqveb5zv ... g+time.mp3

LISTING:

CONTEMPLATIVE HYBRID UNDERSCORE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful boutique Music Library that's distributed by Universal and has tons of credits in Big Films, Countless TV Shows, and Commercials!

TIPS FROM THE LIBRARY TO HELP YOU NAIL THIS PITCH: "Many composers throw in way too many ideas and are not focused on ONE CENTRAL MOTIF: they try to keep things interesting by adding new harmonic lines and elements (melodies, even improvisations, etc) instead of focusing on the production and textures. What I'm looking for is basically: obvious production music (in form and structure), that sounds like commercial music (production style)." Put simply, keep it SIMPLE! We know that other Libraries like to receive music with complementary A and B sections, but this Library is NOT one of them – stick with ONE CENTRAL MOTIF per submission, please!

This is a catalog you want to be in! Please listen to the following examples the Library gave us to get yourself in the ballpark of what they need:

IMPORTANT: The Library has noted in the titles of these references what they like and don't like about each of these pieces for this pitch, so be sure to take note!

Instrumental Examples

Quoting the Library: "We're looking for intimate ambient underscores that gradually evolve as they progress. Your pieces should use organic sounds (such as felt pianos) on top of the ambient bed and start smaller and evolve it into something bigger. We want music that has a neutral mood: narrative, 'thinking about something.'"

Please send well-produced Underscore Instrumental Cues with high-quality organic/electronic Hybrid Instrumentation and a neutral, contemplative mood and feel. Craft your Cues around ONE CLEAR MOTIF, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Please be sure that your production and any virtual instruments or samples you use are fresh, modern, and top-notch.

All submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Good edit points and non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are required. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
Last edited by DennisPMusic on Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feedback needed for CONTEMPLATIVE HYBRID UNDERSCORE INSTRUMENTAL

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:02 am

Very nice work once again -- it seems to fit the requirements well. Good luck!
DK

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:52 pm

DouglasKnight wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:02 am
Very nice work once again -- it seems to fit the requirements well. Good luck!
DK
Thanks, Douglas, I can always count on youπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.
I will submit it and see what happens...
This week I got three of my songs placed in a Hollywood Library because one of my songs was forwarded from a listing, so that's good😊.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:15 pm

"This week I got three of my songs placed in a Hollywood Library because one of my songs was forwarded from a listing, so that's good"

Fantastic -- glad to hear!