Forward for Country Listing

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

IanShortfall
Impressive
Impressive

Forward for Country Listing

Post by IanShortfall » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:43 am

I got a forward for "MODERN COUNTRY SONGS with SOUTHERN ROCK Influence and Male Vocals are needed by a Music Row Publisher for a Major Label Country Veteran working on his next record."

Happy it will be heard in Nashville...

https://ianshortall.com/track/2673040/hit-rock-bottom

MikeNelson
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Forward for Country Listing

Post by MikeNelson » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:31 pm

Congrats Ian, great track!

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:16 pm

Powerful song, Ian, congrats!

I almost hesitate to bring it up, but some of the lyrics on the page are either spelled wrong or homonyms. The worm glass threw me off (supposed to be a warm glass, but until it was sung, I thought it was a tequila glass with a worm in it), but not as much as seeing the enemy stair (stare), which made me wonder whether the staircase was his enemy. And it's "amends," not "a mends." I'm not the grammar police, but I don't want you getting a great song rejected because of the spelling in the lyrics! Sometimes the lyrics get read first before the song is played. I really hope you get it recorded because it would sound great on the radio!

Best wishes,
Merry

IanShortfall
Impressive
Impressive

Post by IanShortfall » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:06 pm

Merryband1 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:16 pm
Powerful song, Ian, congrats!

I almost hesitate to bring it up, but some of the lyrics on the page are either spelled wrong or homonyms. The worm glass threw me off (supposed to be a warm glass, but until it was sung, I thought it was a tequila glass with a worm in it), but not as much as seeing the enemy stair (stare), which made me wonder whether the staircase was his enemy. And it's "amends," not "a mends." I'm not the grammar police, but I don't want you getting a great song rejected because of the spelling in the lyrics! Sometimes the lyrics get read first before the song is played. I really hope you get it recorded because it would sound great on the radio!

Best wishes,
Merry
Thanks Marion, I do tend to write very fast and never really do proof reading, I really should get into the habit of doing that. I do appreciate you bringing it up, and have changed the lyric sheet accordingly...

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:04 pm

Whew! I was worried! Thanks, Ian. Proofreading is something I do by second nature (as a writer of books, not just songs), and I really wanted you to have your best foot forward! I hope your song makes the cut!

Merry

IanShortfall
Impressive
Impressive

Post by IanShortfall » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:08 am

MikeNelson wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:31 pm
Congrats Ian, great track!
Thank you Mike, and congrats on your many forwards recently...

IanShortfall
Impressive
Impressive

Post by IanShortfall » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:09 am

Gregsongs wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:23 am
Great Job!!
Thanks so much Greg...

IanShortfall
Impressive
Impressive

Post by IanShortfall » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:10 am

Merryband1 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:04 pm
Whew! I was worried! Thanks, Ian. Proofreading is something I do by second nature (as a writer of books, not just songs), and I really wanted you to have your best foot forward! I hope your song makes the cut!

Merry
Thanks Marry, I will make sure to tick the proofread box next time... thanks again... and writing books? that sounds interesting... and difficult, what type of books do you write?

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:27 pm

Proofreading is a lifesaver!
Writing books is interesting, and even more frustrating at times than writing music! :D So far I've had one romantic suspense novel published (still available on Amazon in digital format!), but I have written science fiction, fantasy, mystery, and one silly gothic novel I've never even tried to get published. I also wrote a children's picture book that I'd like to get published if I could find where I put the illustrations. That one almost sold to a publisher in Arizona, but someone bought the publishing house as a toy for her husband and they stopped doing publishing and started just doing distribution. Sigh.

Still Merry-ly writing books as well as music