TAXI GREENHORN SP3j REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR!

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sp3j

TAXI GREENHORN SP3j REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR!

Post by sp3j » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:24 am

Very exited to finally get in the game with taxi, iv'e been following this for quite some time & finally made the leap. I had to borrow some money to be able to join cuzz times are rough for performing artists back in holland.
Been writing/rockin out since as long i can remember, but when I had my 2 sons, the music was put on the backburner, rock&roll and children arn't super compatible, + I didnt want to be the father i never had so that explaines the 13 year hiatus.
But here i am ...kind of reinvented my game ... I crawled from under the daiper infused rock with some super fresh material witch i am not able to share quite yet, (that fresh) but im working on it, im stoked about the new songs they represent my best work yet !
What I can share is some ancient clips of work i did as a songwriter/beatcreator/media artist & basicly the greatest hits that never hit, & shit i really love. I am really Curious about what you might think of the songs that are posted on my Taxi account,

So, the first clip is the most crappy phone recording imaginable, in the smallest venue (in dutch de kroeg van Klaas) of my home town Groningen, they have a decibel meter that shuts the power after 5 seconds over 106db, we played our best gigs there. These are 2 songs , I really really love. I am in the process of re-recording there so that they are up to snuff, nevertheless, this version rocks so hard its rediculous,

song 1 money
song 2 brownies for the masses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Go7D6CTYg

The second one is one of my early ones. This is a compilation in the most horrendous SD quality. again quality suck but its the only one available.
This concept album turned Hiphopera was a audio visual experience I produced for my graduation project. I wrote the songs, made the sets puppets, & produced the whole thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuUvPOtZl4E

Funny story... my uncle was singer in a funkband called "the Funk Connection" back in Europe in the 80, they had a hit single called ''Don't stop'' (we aint had enough ) put out by WOM (world of music). He was & remains my hero, the first live show I ever saw was him performing with his band ...it was Then & There, I decided to become a musician. i was 8.
I used my uncles song & sampled it for my graduation project title song . Heres the original.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9bjb5oiJE

So hopefully you will get an idea of what i do, Still a lot to learn but am really exited to be here with you now

Greetings & see you on the boards
Espeedoubljizzles

There is more work on my profile, would love to hear your feedback on it.
this will be updated as soon as new material is done.

sp3j

SUPPLEMENTAL TAXI GREENHORN SP3j REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR!

Post by sp3j » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:00 pm

PS... I am aware of the fact that fitting existing material is harder to place then for example, a tailored instrumental Que to a specific listing, but I need to start somewhere, this is a selection of recordings i have to show for right now I got my setup including some plugins, a decent daw with controller, monitor speakers instruments and mics, gradually I will make the transition to more custom Listing work. but i just wanted to showcase some songwriting i did back in the day.

https://www.taxi.com/members/NdU3re3qQ- ... 4X3AA-sp3j

For feedback on my material here is my my taxi profile.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: TAXI GREENHORN SP3j REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR!

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:29 pm

Some good stuff there , nice vibe & energy and all performances are on point - sounds licensable to me , I wish you the best with it.

Just make sure you have all your bandmates papers in order - I don't know what agreement you've come to but if your not the only performer you'll either need to have agreed splits and everyone be PRO registered to facilitate this or they will need to have signed WFH agreements that you can give to a library so they know everything is pre-cleared.

Mark

sp3j

Re: TAXI GREENHORN SP3j REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR!

Post by sp3j » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:10 pm

Hey Mark,
Thanks man , means a lot, Coming form a seasoned veteran like yourself, this noob got a long way to go but i want to do it right,
So is there some sort of bulletpoint overview or dataset available about what I need to have done, (paper work/ templates international law ) on the business end of it all ?
Working with a noob like me needs to be frictionless so i want all my bases covered. Maybe a reference to one of Michaels videos i can look at ? discussing this topic.
I am a sponge !

Kind regards
Stephan