Canon Moderne

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Canon Moderne

Post by johndalenow » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:38 pm

I kinda got into the "canon thing." Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... 98cf30296d

EXCITING, NEO-CLASSICAL TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS are needed by an extremely busy Music Library with a tremendously long list of killer placements in Hit TV Shows!

This Library is on the hunt for Instrumentals that are in the general stylistic ballpark of these references:

The Mysterious Benedict Society

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaIzHT86dZ0

Knives Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-9Khv7wa4

The Courier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbR1A95Ll8Q

The Little Things (from 0:58)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HZAnkxdYuA&t=58s

Please submit blockbuster-worthy Neo-Classical Trailer-Style Instrumentals with exciting Orchestral instrumentation, excellent musicianship, and three "acts" that build to a climactic ending. Please be sure that any virtual Orchestral instruments you use are high-quality and modern – authenticity is key for nailing this request. Your production should be top-notch and current-sounding, as well.

TAXI Tip: Incorporating well-articulated, arpeggiated string parts like the references could be a great way to capture that exciting sound that the references all have!

All submissions should be about 2 minutes and 30 seconds to 3 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are strongly recommended. Do NOT copy the referenced tracks in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

IMPORTANT: This Library really wants to find top-notch Composers – not just people who combine different samples or loops without altering them at all. Cleared sample libraries are okay to use, but any samples or loops you include in your pieces should be altered enough that they're indistinguishable from the originals. Basically, if you Shazamed one of your tracks and another artist's song comes up, your music would definitely be disqualified by this Company.

ALSO IMPORTANT: Your Submissions can NOT be commercially released on Spotify, Apple Music, etc. OR be encumbered by ANY other publishing, licensing, administration, and/or exploitation deals (whether non-exclusive or exclusive) including publishing/licensing agreements with CD Baby, TuneCore, etc.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. You’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is not already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, December 15th, 2021. TAXI # S211215

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Canon Moderne

Post by AlanHall » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:52 pm

Super realistic, John. Nice work!

Two comments: The first big BOOM that comes in sounds a bit too hot - clipped - to my ears. And the violins before that sound like you're using a saturation plugin that's also giving a bit much. If you're not using a saturator, then something else is going on :lol: I'd humbly suggest the levels of the percussion stem and the saturation effect could be pulled back in the first third or so of the cue. The build works, don't rush it!

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Canon Moderne

Post by johndalenow » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:42 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:52 pm
Super realistic, John. Nice work!

Two comments: The first big BOOM that comes in sounds a bit too hot - clipped - to my ears. And the violins before that sound like you're using a saturation plugin that's also giving a bit much. If you're not using a saturator, then something else is going on :lol: I'd humbly suggest the levels of the percussion stem and the saturation effect could be pulled back in the first third or so of the cue. The build works, don't rush it!
Alan,

Thanks for the most helpful comments. I've enclosed a screenshot of the opening viola and its settings in Cinematic Studio Strings if that is any help in discovering the "saturation and percussion stem" issues you noted. The only things I've added have been modulation and expression adjustments. There's always so much to learn, but that's a good thing. Thanks again. John

I just found that the screenshot, even when compressed, is too large for this site to accommodate. Sorry!