We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

HAND DRUM ENSEMBLE/DRUM CIRCLE INSTRUMENTAL CUE 2

Post by DennisPMusic » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:35 am

HI

Here is my 2nd piece for this listing. Any feedback?

My Song: https://www.taxi.com/members/a9Q_Ye0vSv ... expedition

Reference track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buVbPRpWZmE

The Listing:

HAND DRUM ENSEMBLE/DRUM CIRCLE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an excellent Music Library for placements on a TV Show.

This Library is looking for Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic range of the following references:

Please submit top-notch Instrumental Cues that feature hand drums as their only instrumentation. Your submissions should be rhythmically engaging from start to finish and have solid arrangements and musicianship, as well. Craft your Cues around a singular rhythmic motif, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering percussive instrumentation in and out as they progress. Your production should be polished and modern.

TAXI Tip: You'd be wise to stick with high-quality recordings of live instruments and avoid submitting anything that sounds synthetic or programmed. Authenticity is key for nailing this request, so if you decide to use any software instruments or samples, they need to be 100% convincing – nothing stiff, dated, low-quality, or obviously MIDI-driven will work here! Your pieces should sound like they're being performed by real musicians!

Really IMPORTANT Tip: More often than not, simpler is better for percussion-based tracks for TV and film! The end users are NOT looking for the "composer of the year." If you track is busy or complex, it makes it harder to use. Resist the temptation to include a bunch of complex counter rhythms. Go for impact, groove, and authentic, organic sounds rather than throwing the "kitchen sink" at this one -- trust us!!!

Your submissions should be about 2 to 3 minutes in length, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: HAND DRUM ENSEMBLE/DRUM CIRCLE INSTRUMENTAL CUE 2

Post by DouglasKnight » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:15 am

Very cool piece, Dennis -- it's very well performed and produced as always. Sounded very natural and live. I'm wondering how much if any was virtual?

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: HAND DRUM ENSEMBLE/DRUM CIRCLE INSTRUMENTAL CUE 2

Post by DennisPMusic » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:50 am

DouglasKnight wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:15 am
Very cool piece, Dennis -- it's very well performed and produced as always. Sounded very natural and live. I'm wondering how much if any was virtual?
HI Douglas.

Thanks for your comments, it's appreciatedπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.
All of it is actually virtual, but I'm glad that it sounded natural to you😊.
I made three submissions for this listing. The other two got forwarded, but not this one.
The screener needed a little more ARC and more layers in the first half of the song. If the library contacts me, I will also send them this track and see if they can use it. It has happened to me before that a track that was returned, got signedπŸ˜‚.
Did you submit anything to this listing?

Best regards

Dennis P