One Year of TAXI

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Burnzy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

One Year of TAXI

Post by Burnzy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:29 pm

I don't know if it's appropriate to post this in "success stories" as I still haven't gotten a placement or made any money (YET). But, after one year of TAXI I have signed 30 tracks (18 titles, plus alternate versions) and hooked up with 2 different companies I would have never found on my own. When I started a year ago, I enjoyed reading people's stats and testimonials and it helped me push though to know that it's a really a long game. Thought I'd just share my own after passing this landmark. I renewed and hope to keep pounding away next year. Happy to be part of this group. Good luck to all of you.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: One Year of TAXI

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:39 am

Congratulations on doing so well in your first year! That's the period when many of us struggle to get any material forwarded, and it can take many forwards to get a deal. As you'll no doubt know though, once tracks are signed it takes time for libraries to get the releases sorted, to attract attention to them, to find clients who need them, to have them used in shows, for the shows to be aired, for the cue sheets to be filed, for the PROs to include them, and finally to be paid. Yes, its certainly a long game, but you've made a great start, so well done and good luck for sustaining or increasing your signing rate in your next year. The rest will follow in good time. :)
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Burnzy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Burnzy » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:42 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:39 am
Congratulations on doing so well in your first year! That's the period when many of us struggle to get any material forwarded, and it can take many forwards to get a deal. As you'll no doubt know though, once tracks are signed it takes time for libraries to get the releases sorted, to attract attention to them, to find clients who need them, to have them used in shows, for the shows to be aired, for the cue sheets to be filed, for the PROs to include them, and finally to be paid. Yes, its certainly a long game, but you've made a great start, so well done and good luck for sustaining or increasing your signing rate in your next year. The rest will follow in good time. :)
Thanks!

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:49 am

Same here! Congrats for the success and many forwards! Good to know others are fighting the same battle. After 11 Month, 57 Forwards, 2 contracts with 2 libraries, 2 tracks signed with 1 of them, and 0 placements I'm focusing on writing at least 2 tracks per week, bringing my production skills to the next level and let the submissions take their path. Persistence and faith! Happy Holidays :)
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:27 am

I would definitely called that a success story with those stats.

Good job and luck.

william55

Post by william55 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:33 pm

Congratulations for your success on Taxi , And You Have taken the choice of the transportation industry good luck for your future