Just joined TAXI and wanted to introduce myself

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nicsilver

Just joined TAXI and wanted to introduce myself

Post by nicsilver » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:28 pm

Hi all!

My name is Nic and I joined TAXI pretty recently! I just wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself to you all. I've been writing music in different genres most of my adult life (started playing guitar when I was 9, I'm 36 now). Almost 2 years ago I decided to go solo and produce and compose on my own after mainly playing and writing in bands most my life. I mainly write electronic pop and dance music, but I'm also experimenting with electronic orchestral hybrid type of music as well right now.

I'm really excited to get started on this journey, I'm very new to all this so I'm still learning. I have a "learn by doing" mindset so I'm just throwing myself in here to motivate me to write and finish more tracks. I'm also excited to meet new cool people on here, learn from you all, maybe find someone to collab with or just exchange ideas. Hopefully I can also contribute to this community is some valuable way despite me being fairly new :)

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Just joined TAXI and wanted to introduce myself

Post by irthlingz » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:10 pm

nicsilver wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:28 pm
... just throwing myself in here to motivate me to write and finish more tracks.
Welcome, Nic! Listings with a due date can be a great motivator!

===
Michael

nicsilver

Post by nicsilver » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:17 pm

CTWF wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:36 pm
nicsilver wrote:
Hi all!
Hi Nic

Welcome on the TAXI forum! Pop is quite in demand, so you will find a lot of listings going this direction. Dance - it depends what you mean by that. You'll find a lot of EDM, but House or Techno less so. Orchestral hybrids seems to be in demand a lot, too.

Tom
Thanks Tom! That's good, I've already seen some briefs that would fit my style of writing actually. What kind of music do you do yourself??

nicsilver

Post by nicsilver » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:19 pm

irthlingz wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:10 pm
nicsilver wrote:
... just throwing myself in here to motivate me to write and finish more tracks.
Welcome, Nic! Listings with a due date can be a great motivator!

===
Michael
Thanks Michael! I definitely think so, sometime you can get stuck in trying to perfect your songs for ages. That deadline will force you to get a move on for sure :D How are you getting on here at TAXI so far? Have you had any placements?

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:24 pm

Welcome Nic! All the best for your journey, lots of ideas and tons of endurance, which you will need. But it's fun and I learned sooo much in my almost first year of Taxi!

Cheers

Chris
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

nicsilver

Post by nicsilver » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:21 am

melodea wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:24 pm
Welcome Nic! All the best for your journey, lots of ideas and tons of endurance, which you will need. But it's fun and I learned sooo much in my almost first year of Taxi!

Cheers

Chris
Thanks Chris! I can imagine, but I do love a good challenge so I'm looking forward to evolve as a composer and producer :)

eandersonmusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by eandersonmusic » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:41 am

Welcome aboard Nic! (from a fellow forum newbie)
You are definitely in the right spot if you are looking to challenge yourself and to really learn a great deal of info on how to get a grip on and an understanding of how to write for sync. Be sure to check out the 'Peer to Peer' section, as the Taxi family has A LOT of great advice to offer!
Just remember to keep plugging' away and try not to get depressed from the Returns, but learn from them.. and rework them, and use that knowledge as you go forth with future recordings/compositions!
Best-
Erik
Erik Anderson ~ Composer, Producer and Musician
Website • https://www.eandersonmusic.com
Taxi page • https://www.taxi.com/members/erikanderson
Spotify • https://open.spotify.com/artist/78FpvfK ... 0MClpl1zqA