Light Dramatic Orchestral Tension (Dispatch)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Margaret
Active
Active

Light Dramatic Orchestral Tension (Dispatch)

Post by Margaret » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:04 pm

Hey peeps,

I feel like my piece matches the text description, but isn't on the same "playlist" as the example pieces. Thoughts? (Yes, yes, I know the B section melody is weak... If I do submit this tonight I will put in something better I promise.)

Song is here: https://www.taxi.com/members/WbUoIwq2Qj ... -s-brewing

Thank you!

Lots of LIGHT DRAMATIC ORCHESTRAL TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Music Licensing Company with a large list of placements in Films, TV Commercials, and A-List TV Shows.

NOTE: This Company has signed lots of TAXI members over many years and nailed down lots of placements for them!

This Company is looking for a bunch Instrumental Cues that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

https://youtu.be/KcIF4zEakx4?t=8 (Starting From 0:08 – 0:22)

https://youtu.be/p_uOzpDTs4k?t=21 (from 0:21 to 0:52)

https://youtu.be/vFnOMPg_v8U?t=21 (from 0:21 to 1:12)

IMPORTANT NOTE: This Company has specifically requested that you only submit pieces that have distinct, complementary A and B sections. Be sure that while the melody changes, the mood of your pieces stays cohesive throughout.

Please send dramatic, Orchestral-based Instrumental Cues that could work well in the context of tense scenes in Reality TV shows. Your production should be polished, and any virtual Orchestral instrumentation you use should sound like the real thing and not dated, stiff, or obviously MIDI-driven. Some hybrid elements are okay to include in your pieces, but Orchestral instrumentation should remain the focus.

TAXI Tip: This Company is NOT looking for big, bombastic tension Cues for scenes in blockbuster films – they want pieces that will work well behind petty arguments in Reality TV, so keep your submissions on the more subdued side!

Submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take, and have non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please send as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. All submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Tuesday, January 4th, 2022. TAXI Dispatch # D220104DR

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Light Dramatic Orchestral Tension (Dispatch)

Post by AlanHall » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Margaret,
I agree with you about the B section. It takes the instro from 'tense' to 'happy' within two chord changes. Not at all what the A section set me up to expect. I also think the first 8 bars or so would be better served with orchestral elements instead of a percussion ensemble? The percs make me think CSI cue more than reality TV. Maybe feature in the intro measures violins and cellos (as they are later) but softer and a bit ominous? That's what I'm getting (from what I can hear!) from the ref tracks: a subtle ominous feel.

TL;DR: Overall I don't get an "orchestral-centric" vibe as requested in the listing.

Margaret
Active
Active

Post by Margaret » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:46 pm

Lots to digest here, but pretty on the nose I think.

THANK YOU!

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:29 am

Margaret wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:46 pm
Lots to digest here, but pretty on the nose I think.

THANK YOU!
Good luck! :)