TAXIstaff
Impressive
Impressive

New Year Resolutions That WORK for Musicians

Post by TAXIstaff » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:02 am

New Year Resolutions for Songwriters, Artists, and Composers on Today's TAXI TV

Click the link below to watch at 4 pm Pacific

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkKneFkZxUA

7pm Eastern (EST) / 6pm Central (CST) / 4pm Pacific (PST) 12am London (GMT) / 11am Sydney (AEDT)

Dear Songwriters, Composers, and Artists,

Have you already made your New Year's resolutions as to how you're going to be successful with your music career in 2022? Stop lying to yourself and join me today for some actionable steps you can take that will actually work!

Bite off what you can actually chew, and just maybe you won't need to make any resolutions for your music next year!! Find your realistic steps along the path of musical success on today's show. Don't miss this one!!

Click the link below to watch at 4 pm Pacific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkKneFkZxUA

To Join the Live Chat During the Broadcast…
You’ll need to be signed up to YouTube (FREE) and be logged in to be able to join in on the chat during the show. Go to youtube.com and click the "Sign In" link in the upper right-hand corner of the page and fill out the short form to join. If you have a Gmail account, you’ll be able to associate your YouTube account with it!

7pm Eastern (EST) / 6pm Central (CST) / 4pm Pacific (PST) 12am London (GMT) / 11am Sydney (AEDT)

See you on the show,
Michael

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Re: New Year Resolutions That WORK for Musicians

Post by johnnyrowing » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:38 pm

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post. However, as it is related to the "resolutions" episode, I thought I would this would be the best forum. I am hoping others might be interested in posting their goals too. Perhaps we could even check in on one another over the course of the calendar year?

I have a few motivations. 1. Publicly post goals in the interest of keeping record and maybe finding some accountability. 2. See if others are interested in sharing as well. We have so much potential as a community to help one another. 3. I am about 30 minutes away from meeting with a local group and "goals" is the thesis tonight. This is a bit of advance prep for that meeting.

Johnny Rowing 2022 Goals
Output
Complete at least 60 pieces of submittable music (cues or songs).

Community
Contribute to the forums by interacting at least 100 times. This means 367 by the end of the year. "Congratulations!" posts count. :)
Collaborate with at least 10 people by the end of year. I think toplining/lyrics is my biggest asset.

Systematic Growth
Read Mixing with your Mind by Stavrou.
Watch at least 1 tutorial video prior to starting each project and apply the techniques that the video teaches.
Improve harmonica skills - specifically smoother runs and better bending.

Personal
Work on emotional intelligence. Specifically, start to understand the emotions associated with failing.
Lose some weight. Ha! Associated with music because it'll make longer hours in the studio easier. :)