Funky/Soulful Pop

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jefflaplante
Impressive
Impressive

Funky/Soulful Pop

Post by jefflaplante » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:49 am

Very happy to be forwarded for the FUNKY/SOULFUL POP listing, as I worked very hard at crafting the sounds and studying the reference tracks. Writing specifically to listings has proven to be the key to success lately. Spent way too many years trying to match my pre-existing tracks to the listings. It was time to take things more seriously and do this correctly.

Here is my track:
https://soundcloud.com/jeff303/blow-me- ... al_sharing

Here is the listing:

FUNKY, SOULFUL POP INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a great Publisher with an awesome track record of really big placements in TV Commercials!

NOTE: We previously ran this request as TAXI Dispatch Listing #D211121UN, but the Publisher didn't find what they were looking for. If you submitted to listing #D211121UN, please send different material this time around.

This Publisher is looking for a bunch of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals that could fit stylistically on a playlist with the following examples:

"Just Watch Me Now" by Lady Bri

"mas queso" by Floyd Wonder

"Feelin It" by Danger Twins

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this pitch.

Please send well-produced, soulful Pop Instrumentals with funky bass lines, danceable rhythms, catchy motifs, and a healthy dose of fun energy. Please be sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and modern.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT submit any tracks with spoken producer tags/watermarks as they're not usable for film and TV placements.

Submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Funky/Soulful Pop

Post by melodea » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:06 pm

Nice one Jeff! I like the sounds and the mood. Was just wondering what the screener had to say. IMO the drum sound could have a bit more bite.

Good Luck and Happy and Successful 2022

Chris
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

jefflaplante
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jefflaplante » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:08 am

Thanks Chris. Really appreciate the listen. Your stuff is amazing, btw!!! Do you think the drums could be louder or are you referring to adding more fills/variation, etc...?

Here is what the screener said:

What I like most about this song
Excellent production here with great drums, instrumentation and a nice catchy melody.

I think you could improve this song by
I think a slightly longer drop somewhere in the arrangement could help this one sound even stronger.

I returned or forwarded this song because
I forwarded this instrumental because the quality and vibe pair well with the reference tracks.

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:29 pm

melodea wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:06 pm
Nice one Jeff! I like the sounds and the mood. Was just wondering what the screener had to say. IMO the drum sound could have a bit more bite.

Good Luck and Happy and Successful 2022

Chris
Hi Jeff, next time before I drop my lines I will listen to the tracks in my studio and not with my ear pods! I agree with the screener! The whole track including the drums sounds DOPE!
BTW, thanks for the kudos :D
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser