First Year Review

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

First Year Review

Post by melodea » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:58 am

So, as of today, I have been a Taxi member for 1 year. It has been an amazing journey so far!
Never cranked out so many tracks in such a short amount of time. I never learned so much just by listening to references, reading and posting in this and other forums, watching countless episodes on Taxi TV and other channels specialized in music for sync.

Looking at the business side of the story I guess it has been as successful as it can be at this early stage of the game. (see the stats)

There’s one fact I had to get used to: after a forward, it seems the tracks disappear from the well-known universe of Taxi in a black hole of the music sync licensing universe which eventually spits out some light in form of an email from a library, maybe a contract or even a signed track or two. But you never know if or when that spark of light hits the surface of your musical spaceship.

I’ll go by the mantra to focus on writing, learning, submitting, and beeing patient!

First Year Stats:

72 tracks written
145 submissions
65 forwards
45% forward rate
3 contacts with libraries
2 contracts
2 tracks signed by one library
0 placement
0 money made

Good luck to everyone
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: First Year Review

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:42 am

Sounds like a strong start and quite similar to my own journey.

Keep doing what you're doing, and get as many tracks into those libraries as you can now you've opened the doors.

Not all libraries are equal and you won't really know if they're a good fit for your music until you've given them at least 20 or so tracks and enough time to get some of them placed.

It's a bit of a crap shoot at this stage so just keep going and you should naturally get better and faster at making the music. You could well land your first placement this year so make sure you have everything that's signed in a free Tunesat Account.

Good luck. Mark

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:56 am

Thanks, Mark

Didn't know about tunesat! Good advice though.

Chris

KCFYX

Post by KCFYX » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:11 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:42 am

It's a bit of a crap shoot at this stage so just keep going and you should naturally get better and faster at making the music. You could well land your first placement this year so make sure you have everything that's signed in a free Tunesat Account.

Good luck. Mark
I had quite some tracks in my BMI reports but never showed up on TuneSat, especially the ones used on CNN.

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:00 am

Congrats on your first year. Your are controlling what you can control, producing and pitching your music.

You will most likely find that you will sign some of the returns to libraries as you develop more relationships with libraries.

Library owners are on the forums on occasion. It may be worthwhile to add your contact info and links to your music in your footer.
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:02 pm

crs7string wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:00 am
Congrats on your first year. Your are controlling what you can control, producing and pitching your music.

You will most likely find that you will sign some of the returns to libraries as you develop more relationships with libraries.

Library owners are on the forums on occasion. It may be worthwhile to add your contact info and links to your music in your footer.
Thanks 🙏🏻 good advice! In fact I established my best relationship with a library so far thru the forward forum in Taxi where the owner of the mentioned library found me!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:46 pm

KCFYX wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:11 am
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:42 am

Good luck. Mark
I had quite some tracks in my BMI reports but never showed up on TuneSat, especially the ones used on CNN.
Yeah it doesn't pick up everything and neither is it 100% accurate