We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Feedback for a INDIE POP INSTRUMENTAL

Post by DennisPMusic » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:26 am

HI

Do you have any comments on my song for this listing?

My Song:
https://www.taxi.com/members/a9Q_Ye0vSv ... -the-point

Reference Tracks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PqHr61BA7E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEKXR486xaU

The Listing:

INDIE POP INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a U.K. Music Licensing Company with GREAT Worldwide Distribution and lots of awesome placements in Film and TV!

NOTE: We previously ran a similar request as TAXI Dispatch Listing #D211129NS, but the Company didn't find what they were looking for. If you submitted to listing #D211129NS, please send different material this time around.

Although some of the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this pitch.

Quoting the Company: "We need lots of Instrumentals that fit great for Radio and TV and could appeal to a more mature audience. We need pieces that get going fast, go straight in, and have a good pace, BUT allow room for a voiceover."

Please submit fresh Indie Pop Instrumentals with great rhythms, memorable motifs, and a healthy dose of Indie flair. Instrumentation and arrangements in the general style of the references will suit your submissions best. Your production and any virtual instruments or samples you use should be modern and high-quality.

TAXI Tip: As the Company said above, they want music that can appeal to an older, more mature audience, so avoid submitting anything that's too youthful or "teeny-bopper-y."

IMPORTANT NOTE: This company has a strong preference for signing material from composers who have worked for libraries and licensing companies in the past and understand how standard music library deals work. If you don't have that experience and you don't know the drill on typical deals, then they politely ask that you don't submit to this request.

All submissions should be about 2 to 4 minutes in length, give or take. Non-faded, button/stinger endings will work best for this request. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
Last edited by DennisPMusic on Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feedback for a NDIE POP INSTRUMENTAL

Post by DouglasKnight » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:51 am

Awesome work as usual Dennis! Always love your music, great stuff.

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Feedback for a NDIE POP INSTRUMENTAL

Post by DennisPMusic » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:34 pm

Thanks a lot Douglas πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ™.

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Feedback for a INDIE POP INSTRUMENTAL

Post by DennisPMusic » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:45 pm

Well, I got this track plus 5 others signed this week with a LA library, so I don't have to submit to this listing after all πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feedback for a INDIE POP INSTRUMENTAL

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:53 pm

DennisPMusic wrote: ↑
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:45 pm
Well, I got this track plus 5 others signed this week with a LA library, so I don't have to submit to this listing after all πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘
That's really great news, congrats!