We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

ALTERNATIVE/INDIE ROCK INSTRUMENTAL

Post by DouglasKnight » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:58 am

Hey Guys,

I'd appreciate any feedback on this track for the listing below: https://www.taxi.com/members/Gjdf7sdFR5 ... ye-for-now

Here's the reference I used: "Promises" by Beach Bunny https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFQDssE693M

Thank you,
DK

Several ALTERNATIVE/INDIE ROCK INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a NEW International Music Licensing Company started by highly experienced, successful founders!

TAXI TIP: This Library is BRAND NEW to requesting music through TAXI, so chances are you don’t have any material in their catalog yet! This company is all about "new, fresh music," so this is a great opportunity to get in first and create a new outlet for your music and begin a new relationship with an awesome new company!

This Company is searching for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals/Cues in the general ballpark of these references:

WARNING: The references may include graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised.

"Promises" by Beach Bunny https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFQDssE693M

Although the references have vocals, this request is for Instrumentals and Instrumental Cues only!

Quoting the Company: "We are looking for greatly produced tracks with excellent performances that are representing the style and genre very well, while still staying within 'production music' rules. We are looking for music in a range of moods such as: energizing, emotional, inspiring, fun, and adventurous."

Please send super-fresh Indie/Alternative Rock Instrumentals/Cues with solid rhythms, memorable motifs, and plenty of great energy! Your submissions can range more towards the Alternative or Indie side of the Rock spectrum. Your production and instrumentation can range from pared down to fuller production styles, as well. Whichever approach you decide to take, your submissions should be polished, contemporary, and feature high-quality virtual instruments and samples – nothing dated will work for this pitch. We recommend sticking with one mood throughout your pieces so they remain cohesive.

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: ALTERNATIVE/INDIE ROCK INSTRUMENTAL

Post by DennisPMusic » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:26 pm

Great work Douglas, I really like the sound and energyπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.
I would add an 8th note drum fill at 0.56, to put some energy in the next section.

Like this:
On the beat of 3, add a snare + Floor tom
On the beat of 3 and, add a Kick drum
On the beat of 4, add a snare + Floor tom
On the beat of 4 and, add a Kick drum

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:36 pm

DennisPMusic wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:26 pm
Great work Douglas, I really like the sound and energyπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.
I would add an 8th note drum fill at 0.56, to put some energy in the next section.

Like this:
On the beat of 3, add a snare + Floor tom
On the beat of 3 and, add a Kick drum
On the beat of 4, add a snare + Floor tom
On the beat of 4 and, add a Kick drum
Ah, great idea -- I'll add that in before submitting, thanks a lot Dennis!!

Doug

myk247365
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by myk247365 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:58 pm

Douglas,

It starts pretty heavy, whereas the reference is softer, more ethereal.
I think the drums are too punchy, they need to sit back further in the mix, and maybe add a room reverb to make it more akin to the reference.

You matched the rhythm/timbre/panning of the guitars. But is the 8th note chugging necessary? Then there will be a bigger hit when you kick it in at :25.

It's got an overall sharper tone than the reference. Not sure what to suggest, maybe an analog emulator, or lo-fi plugin?

hope this helps

Michael

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:24 am

myk247365 wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:58 pm
Douglas,

It starts pretty heavy, whereas the reference is softer, more ethereal.
I think the drums are too punchy, they need to sit back further in the mix, and maybe add a room reverb to make it more akin to the reference.

You matched the rhythm/timbre/panning of the guitars. But is the 8th note chugging necessary? Then there will be a bigger hit when you kick it in at :25.

It's got an overall sharper tone than the reference. Not sure what to suggest, maybe an analog emulator, or lo-fi plugin?

hope this helps

Michael

Hey Michael -- Thanks so much for listening and for your great suggestions! I'll try them out and see if I can get closer to the reference track before the deadline. Much appreciated, Doug