Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

FAMILY FILM, FANTASY TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS

Post by jlopez » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:18 pm

Hi Fellow Taxi members

Would appreciate feedback on the below track for the listing:

Please submit top-notch Fantasy Trailer Instrumentals that could help establish a wonder-filled mood and work well in the context of family-friendly fantasy movie trailers. Your submissions should have enchanting melodies, well-crafted arrangements, and three "acts" that build throughout to a climactic ending. We think Orchestral-based instrumentation will probably suit your submissions best.
Dispatch # D220126AN

Here is the soundcloud link: that track is private so you will need this link to access it.
https://soundcloud.com/user-259400115/m ... al_sharing

I appreciate your time and thoughts and as always stay healthy

Whipple Lopez

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: FAMILY FILM, FANTASY TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS

Post by melodea » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:36 am

Hi Whipple

I like the track a lot. Beautiful theme! Nevertheless IMO the track has not enough breakdowns and variations and stays too long on the same enery level, especially in the 2. and 3. part of the track.
I can't comment on the sonic quality since I'm sitting in a restaurant listening to the track with crapy earbuds!
good work though

good luck

Chris
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jlopez » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:44 am

Thanks for taking the time to listen and to provide feedback. I tend to agree - but I am at a loss on how to vary it - I will give it another listen and see what I can come up with... thanks again

myk247365
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by myk247365 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:30 pm

Whipple,

You've got all the elements, or maybe endings for 3 great trailer cues!. As Chris mentioned it starts out too loud. At most trailers these days start with a "boom" and then get very quiet with a string bed or glockenspiel. Take a look at your piece and see how you can divide things up into gestures. Then listen to the references and see how they are a series of gestures that eventually come together to create a loud bombastic ending. Your ending is good ~1:44 - end. You just need to start quieter and with thinner texture. Notice the references don't use the "booms" as a traditional "beat". They are accents on the gesture at that moment. In the references, I'm picking up the bass notes being downers that gliss down an octave or two, but seem to have a precise pitch to end on, just something to keep in mind as you add the downers.

hope this helps,

Michael

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jlopez » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:56 pm

HI Michael - Thank you for such a detailed and helpful breakdown of the cue- I agree I start to loud and then there is no where to go- I will listen again to the references, regarding gestures as you mentioned. I will re-post once I re-work the cue

Thanks so much