Contemporary Meditation Feedback - TAXI # S220130ME

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Contemporary Meditation Feedback - TAXI # S220130ME

Post by bmoBauhaus » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:44 pm

Hi there. I am looking for feedback on my take on a Meditation track. The overall loudness is a little soft but sounds great on my macbook speakers. Any comments on music/mixing are always welcome. Thanks in advance.

My track: Serenity 501
?subject=Serenity 501 by Brian Morales, composer at TAXI&body=https://www.taxi.com/members/N5SOUeh_Qe ... renity-501

----------------

TAXI # S220130ME

Lots of CONTEMPORARY MEDITATION INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Major European Media Company for a variety of Non-Exclusive opportunities!

This company is looking for Instrumentals that are in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

"Drifting (Meditation)" by yandoo

"Spiritual Message" by Meditation Music Zone

"Meridian" by Oleyan

Please submit well-produced Meditation Instrumentals with a soothing, introspective vibe and sound that might feel at home at a yoga studio or spa. Organic-based or Electronic instrumentation (or a combination of both) could suit your submissions well. If you plan to use any virtual instruments or samples, please be sure they are high-quality and modern.

TAXI Tip: Pieces with a "drone-like" sound or subtle melodic movement could both work for this request. Just be sure that they are relaxing and meditative! They're not looking for brilliantly amazing compositions, so much as they need music that puts listeners in a trance and is utterly relaxing. If you listen to your piece in the dark, and something in the track catches your attention (even if it's super cool), you should probably get rid of it. This is all about freeing the mind from distractions.

IMPORTANT: Please do NOT include any sound effects in your music such as animal sounds, waterfalls, wind chimes, raindrops, etc.

Your Instrumentals should be at least 2 minutes long and no longer than 4 minutes, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will likely work best, but that’s not an absolute requirement. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Contemporary Meditation Feedback - TAXI # S220130ME

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:54 pm

Hey Brian! I liked the piece a lot and thought you chose cool sounds and layered them well. I wonder how screeners would feel about the random bell sounds though, due to that line in the brief that if "something in the track catches your attention (even if it's super cool), you should probably get rid of it." Also, some feedback I received on my last submission for a meditation listing was " it's too repetitive. This needs a wider variety of sounds, some contour, some hints at melody and more overall composition." So, just things to consider as you're working on this. Wishing you good luck with the submission! Doug