The Burden (Sad, Piano/Strings only)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

The Burden (Sad, Piano/Strings only)

Post by johndalenow » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:40 pm

This was done with muted Viola and muted Cello. Lots of expression and modulation. Any comments are welcomed.

https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... al_sharing

SAD, MINIMALIST PIANO & STRINGS INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a NEW International Music Licensing Company started by highly experienced, successful founders!

TAXI TIP: This is a hot new Library that's BRAND NEW to requesting music through TAXI, so chances are you don’t have any material in their catalog yet! This company is all about "new, fresh music," so this is a great opportunity to get in first and create a new outlet for your music and begin a new relationship with an awesome new company!

This Company is searching for Instrumentals and/or Instrumental Cues in the general ballpark of these references:

"Reminiscence" by Ólafur Arnalds & Alice Sara Ott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktp2Tjfi5ko

"Compassione" by Cavallo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKWcfb4GsY0

"Into The Abyss" by Jackson Mullane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8HDPqVcuXw

Quoting the Company: "We are looking for greatly produced tracks with excellent performances that are representing the style and genre very well, while still staying within 'production music' rules."

Please submit modern, minimalist Piano and String Instrumentals (or Cues) with an overall sad sound and feel. Your submissions should have compelling melodies and a combination of Piano and String instrumentation. If you plan on using virtual piano or string instruments, they should sound like the real thing – anything that sounds synthetic, low quality, or obviously MIDI-driven won’t work for this request. Please be sure that your production is high-quality and modern, as well.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This Company offers an Exclusive deal, and has a strong preference for signing material from songwriters who have worked for libraries and licensing companies in the past and understand how standard deals work. If you don't have that experience and you don't know the drill on typical deals, they politely ask that you don't submit to this request.

All submissions should be at least 1:45 minutes long and no longer than 2:45 minutes, with non-faded, buttoned endings. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumentals and/or Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, February 9th, 2022. TAXI # S220209SD

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: The Burden (Sad, Piano/Strings only)

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:33 pm

Hi John, great job creating a really sad melody, it really bummed me out! I especially like the start of the second section at 1:12 where the low string part comes in. At times I felt the strings overpowered the piano a bit volume-wise, so that would be my only critique. Very nice piano playing on this, and great job overall. Good luck with it!
Doug

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: The Burden (Sad, Piano/Strings only)

Post by johndalenow » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:44 pm

DouglasKnight wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:33 pm
Hi John, great job creating a really sad melody, it really bummed me out! I especially like the start of the second section at 1:12 where the low string part comes in. At times I felt the strings overpowered the piano a bit volume-wise, so that would be my only critique. Very nice piano playing on this, and great job overall. Good luck with it!
Doug
Thanks Doug, glad you liked it and mentioned the string to piano balance at one point. I'll listen again carefully. Best!