Neon Floor

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Neon Floor

Post by Casey H » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:24 am

What should I do with this? Consider it just for fun? Trash it? Pitch it to lower end libraries? Collab on it? Feedback as to what would make it better welcome.

https://s.disco.ac/dibqnqhcnykm

:D Casey

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Neon Floor

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:17 pm

Hey Casey! I like the track -- it sounds like a good start for a pop/edm cue to me. If I was accomplished in that genre I'd love to collaborate on it, but hopefully you'll find someone to work on it with you. Good luck! Doug

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:57 pm

Sounds like the Dance Pop auto accompaniment preset from a budget Casio keyboard circa 1989. Nice.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:34 pm

Just a note that I know that in this form, it's not production music ready, other than for maybe the cheap seats on an RF site. Sometimes I map out chord patterns, rhythms, and styles and throw them into BIAB for ideas. Then I work with collaborators to do a combination of working with by BIAB wav/midi files and adding their own sauce. I already have collab tracks in solid libraries that began this way. That is why my post opened with "What should I do with this?" I throw most of them out unless the feel like they are catchy or have an interesting quality about them.

Best,
Casey

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:13 pm

Casey H wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:34 pm
Just a note that I know that in this form, it's not production music ready, other than for maybe the cheap seats on an RF site. Sometimes I map out chord patterns, rhythms, and styles and throw them into BIAB for ideas. Then I work with collaborators to do a combination of working with by BIAB wav/midi files and adding their own sauce. I already have collab tracks in solid libraries that began this way. That is why my post opened with "What should I do with this?" I throw most of them out unless the feel like they are catchy or have an interesting quality about them.

Best,
Casey
Why not title it
"Bach To Basics"
?
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:20 pm

Casey H wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:34 pm

Best,
Casey
Why not just cut out the middle man and don't bother with Bland-In-A-Box to start with ?

In every Pop & EDM tutorial I've ever watched everybody writes with the instruments used in the final track. That's how you get inspired and get a vibe going.

Try watching some of the Alex Rome Tutorials