Action Trailer - bb's first trailer

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kitbenz51
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Action Trailer - bb's first trailer

Post by kitbenz51 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:05 pm

Hey friends! It's been a while since i last posted. I got distracted by life (and death).
ANYWAYS. I want to submit this trailer to the listing below. It's my first time completing a trailer. This one doesn't follow the usual act 1,2,3 formula. But I like the way it flows, especially for an action trailer. Should I just cut it up and put it into the proper acts?
Also, if you have some experience with trailers, how is the mix? Not used to working with such a different soundscape.

Wrong Way - Trailer draft

Cheers,
Kit

FUN, AGGRESSIVE SOUND-DESIGN TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS are needed by an EXCLUSIVE, LA-based Music Licensing Company that specializes in music for Movie Trailers, TV, Films, and Video Games.

NOTE: We previously ran this request as TAXI Dispatch Listing #D220104AG, but the Library is looking for more material. If you submitted to listing #D220104AG, please send different material this time around.

This Company is looking for Instrumentals in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references we got directly from them:

WARNING: Some of the references include graphic and explicit language and strong violence. Viewer discretion is advised.

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Trailer

Nobody Trailer

Wrath of Man Trailer

Although some of the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this pitch.

Quoting the Company: "We're looking for tracks that are powerful, full of swagger, attitude, and bad-*ss style. They should be very percussive and rhythm-heavy. Signature sounds, alarms, screams, clicks, beeps, stabs, and braams are all welcome. Brass and strings are fine but don't overdo them. Rock, EDM, Hip-Hop, Country, etc. elements could be cool to include, as well."

Please submit well-produced Trailer-style Instrumentals that fire on all cylinders from beginning to end. Craft your Instrumentals around 3 "acts" that build to a climactic, blockbuster finish. We recommend sticking with one main motif per piece, and layering instrumentation in and out as they progress to build in momentum and intensity. Please be sure that your production and any virtual instruments or samples you use are cutting-edge and polished.

TAXI Tip: Don't be afraid to layer up your instrumentation and sound design elements to get that epic, blockbuster sound and feel!

Submissions should be about 90 seconds to 3 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the material you submit for this request CANNOT be signed with other publishers or catalogs. Sync fees will be split 50/50. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, January 26th, 2022. TAXI # S220126AG

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Action Trailer - bb's first trailer

Post by jlopez » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:14 pm

I think you got the general sound design elements, as the Nobody trailer is all about sound design and big epic percussion. The only thing I can say is perhaps make are make sure if builds and builds, there was a bit of leveling off . But I do think you have the right elements and on target - but I am not Taxi. :)

myk247365
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by myk247365 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:53 pm

Kit,

This sounds ready to pitch to the right listing. there's a synth sound that reminds me of Michael Winslow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAv1o9C9qow&t=33s

I'm not sure that sound fits with the rest of the composition, given the references.

You mention cutting it up, I'm thinking it just needs clearer/cleaner edit points. the references all have significant gaps at the edit points at the beginning and gradually fewer and shorter as the thing goes on. By the end they are more rhythmic and flowing. Your ending is much like that, so keep that idea.

my $0.02, hope this helps.

Michael

kitbenz51
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by kitbenz51 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:34 pm

Thank you for the listens and critique. I think there is a good place for another edit point I will add.

-Kit

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:55 pm

Kit,

The sound elements are spot on. I think your reservation about whether to cut it up is well-founded. Make sure it's in an unmistaken "Trailer 3 Act" format. Also, from 34 to 47 the sound element that goes from C to E Flat to B natural somehow doesn't seem consistent sound wise with the rest of the track. Maybe substitute a different instrument sound? Overall, it's cool though and sounds like a trailer. Best of luck!

John