Dramady Listing - # S220130KY

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JaredHallock
Active
Active

Dramady Listing - # S220130KY

Post by JaredHallock » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:21 pm

Hello all! I would love some insight for a cue I am writing for the following listing...

ORCHESTRAL-Based DRAMEDY INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful Music Licensing Company that lands placements on hundreds of shows on Major Networks every year with distribution in North America and Europe!
This Company is on the hunt for Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:
"Take A Number" by Bleeding Fingers
Real Housewives of Atlanta (1:25 to 2:08)
Fixer to Fabulous (2:44 to 3:21)
"Frenemy of the People" by Bleeding Fingers

Here is my track...

[https://soundcloud.com/project213/backd ... al_sharing][/soundcloud]

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Dramedy Listing - # S220130KY

Post by DouglasKnight » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:36 am

Hi Jared -- I like the the motif and all of the quirky surprises and I think you have a good start so far. My suggestion would be to keep working toward matching the sounds in the references. Also, maybe reconsider having the timpani carry the melody on its own from :22 - :49? It loses some momentum there to my ears. I've just started working on Dramedy cues, but that's my two cents!

Best of luck!
Doug

JaredHallock
Active
Active

Re: Dramedy Listing - # S220130KY

Post by JaredHallock » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:46 pm

DouglasKnight wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:36 am
Hi Jared -- I like the the motif and all of the quirky surprises and I think you have a good start so far. My suggestion would be to keep working toward matching the sounds in the references. Also, maybe reconsider having the timpani carry the melody on its own from :22 - :49? It loses some momentum there to my ears. I've just started working on Dramedy cues, but that's my two cents!

Best of luck!
Doug
Thanks!