CDBaby Publishing

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

CEMundt
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

CDBaby Publishing

Post by CEMundt » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:41 am

So, I got some tunes I want to submit for TAXI # S220327JZ:
MODERN R&B-Flavored JAZZ SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a very successful EXCLUSIVE Music Licensing Company.

The client is trying to avoid conflicting publishing deals:
"1) NOT be encumbered by ANY other publishing, licensing, administration, and/or exploitation deals (whether non-exclusive or exclusive) including publishing/licensing agreements with CD Baby, TuneCore, DistroKid, etc."

My issue is that I published some of my music through CDBaby a few years back. Bam! New job as a public school teacher. Of course, my songs about sex, drugs, and partying needed to be quietly swept under the rug. I asked CDBaby to remove my music from where they published it, in my case, the music streaming platforms. They made no CDs, etc. for me. It feels to me that this essentially ended all of my agreements with CDBaby. What do you guys think? Would it be a bad idea to submit to this listing?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: CDBaby Publishing

Post by Casey H » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:48 am

AFAIK, if you terminated those agreements, you are OK. I assume you have written (email) confirmation that the agreements were terminated? That being said, if you are fortunate enough that you get forwarded and the library contacts you, I would let them know. Up front honesty is always best. No one likes surprises.

Good luck!
:D Casey

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: CDBaby Publishing

Post by irthlingz » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:58 am

I think you have to cancel your CD Baby Pro Publishing administration agreement. If you did that, you're good to go.

https://support.cdbaby.com/hc/en-us/art ... agreement-

===
Michael