Not a placement BUT...

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Not a placement BUT...

Post by melodea » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:07 am

Hi folks

Just received the news that 6 of my pop instrumentals made it onto a new album of a great music library in LA!!! I'm over the moon that after a little more than a year with Taxi I made it into a library's catalog. I know it's not a placement yet.....but a huge step towards it.
I learned that signing a contract doesn't really mean a thing unless you finally end up on an album that can be seen by potential clients.
This one is definitely proofs that Taxi works!
THANK YOU ML AND CREW!

Chris
Last edited by melodea on Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Not a placement BUT...

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:16 am

Well done! By having those tracks released you're one massive step closer to getting a placement. Not only that, but you've got an 'in' with the library, which is a great opportunity to carry on increasing your chances.

Initially I'd suggest finding out whether they want any more tracks like the ones you've already signed up. If you can make some more like that then they might be happy to take more from you.

You could also hunt through their web pages find out what kinds of music they are currently getting placements for, and in what types of show. Look for styles that they might need a lot of, especially if they correspond with a gap in their existing content.

At very least, try and ensure you can gain access to any briefings they might issue.

In all cases, you could be well-positioned to solve a problem for them if you can provide additional content to the same or higher standard (use their existing content as a guide). If so, create some tracks and try submitting them directly, and have fun making the most of the opportunity. Best of luck!
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:02 am

Thanks, Telefunkin! Great advice here. The owner of the library already asked for more tracks for an upcoming album in another style. So that's super positive and I can't wait to get to work for it after I finish some other tracks.

Cheers

Chris

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:04 pm

Congrats !

You're on the way...Fingers crossed for placement news at some point and keep supplying then with good music.

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:42 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:04 pm
Congrats !

You're on the way...Fingers crossed for placement news at some point and keep supplying then with good music.
Thanks cosmic!

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:44 pm

CTWF wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:40 pm
melodea wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:07 am
Congrats! And don't forget to set up your free TuneSat account to trace those tracks' placements. :)

Tom
Thanks man, people keep giving me this advice….I better listen & get TuneSat now!

Rolf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Rolf » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:12 am

Congrats and fingers crossed. I have 50+ tracks in catalogs but no placement so far. Let's keep fingers crossed for you and me. ;)

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:22 pm

Oh Lod'! So it's true that it's a marathon and not a sprint then :lol: :lol: Yeah, I'm happy that I love to write music, and regardless of how long it's gonna take I'll be hanging in there. Yeah, fingers crossed for us and all those amazing composers I came across thru Taxi!!!