New song on Y and R

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: New song on Y and R

Post by gitanosoy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:59 am

Congrats JT!! Nice track...Latin pop.

I would say more like the song "The game of love" by Santana and Michelle Branch without the screaming Carlos guitar coming in at at some point...although I was waiting for it.

Of course I have to ask who is playing the guitar?

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:11 am

gitanosoy wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:59 am

I would say more like the song "The game of love" by Santana and Michelle Branch without the screaming Carlos guitar coming in at at some point...although I was waiting for it.

Thanks Andre! And yep lots of Santana influence! Loved his stuff even “Smooth”. You can hear the Smooth influence in the chord changes.
That’s me playing guitar. I play all the instruments on my stuff except steel gtr and piano on a few ballads. That’s my $29 Guitar Center special 😂.
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:46 am

JohnnyP wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:11 am
gitanosoy wrote:

Thanks Andre! And yep lots of Santana influence! Loved his stuff even “Smooth”. You can hear the Smooth influence in the chord changes.
That’s me playing guitar. I play all the instruments on my stuff except steel gtr and piano on a few ballads. That’s my $29 Guitar Center special 😂.
Are you serious about the guitar being $29.00 ? Okay now I am pissed off, I spent all this money on expensive guitars, please make a video how you got your guitar to sound like that mic, effects, hardware, sofware..you will have million views on youtube. :lol:

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:11 pm

gitanosoy wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:46 am
JohnnyP wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:11 am
gitanosoy wrote:

Are you serious about the guitar being $29.00 ? Okay now I am pissed off, I spent all this money on expensive guitars, please make a video how you got your guitar to sound like that mic, effects, hardware, sofware..you will have million views on youtube. :lol:
LOL Andre!! With enough takes I can usually get a half decent sound. Yep guitar (Lucero LC100) was $29 at G Center. I bought my son a Fender Mustang and was working a deal and the salesman threw in the used Nylon string for free but the invoice says $29.

As far as recording I just did a 2 mic set-up using a matched set of Rode M5s. The usual stereo mic placement you see on the web. One mic neck high (I was sitting down) pointed straight down at the floor, in the area of the sound hole. And one pointed at the strings at the 12th fret. Remember I do have an engineer in Australia mix/master so he prob added the magic! But I'm glad you like the sound! Coming from you that says a lot :)
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:45 pm

""As far as recording I just did a 2 mic set-up using a matched set of Rode M5s. The usual stereo mic placement you see on the web. One mic neck high (I was sitting down) pointed straight down at the floor, in the area of the sound hole. And one pointed at the strings at the 12th fret. Remember I do have an engineer in Australia mix/master so he prob added the magic! But I'm glad you like the sound! Coming from you that says a lot ":

Okay then, you just proved that it doesn't start with a descent instrument as all and top engineers say "No matter how good your mics are and your hardware you can not capture a good sound with a cheap instruments.

That's all I have to say...Oh I give up too micing my $2000.00 flamenco guitar also with rode mics and same placements.

thanks

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:16 pm

gitanosoy wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:45 pm
""As far as recording I just did a 2 mic set-up using a matched set of Rode M5s. The usual stereo mic placement you see on the web. One mic neck high (I was sitting down) pointed straight down at the floor, in the area of the sound hole. And one pointed at the strings at the 12th fret. Remember I do have an engineer in Australia mix/master so he prob added the magic! But I'm glad you like the sound! Coming from you that says a lot ":

Okay then, you just proved that it doesn't start with a descent instrument as all and top engineers say "No matter how good your mics are and your hardware you can not capture a good sound with a cheap instruments.

That's all I have to say...Oh I give up too micing my $2000.00 flamenco guitar also with rode mics and same placements.

thanks
I guess the only thing I have to add Andre is that with my gtr the intonation is whacked. I've had it worked on but I still have to retune for certain chords and of course when I capo. I'll sometimes do a pass and only keep the A chords and then do a second pass (after retuning) and only keep the D chords. Then I'll cut them in together to make a cohesive track. Bet that's something you don't have to do with your guitar and your ability :) . Best, John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

Rockinpop
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Rockinpop » Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:54 am

JohnnyP wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:37 am
First time for Y and R to use this song (1/19/22) featuring the fantastic Aika Zabala on vocals!

This is one of those one-off songs in a style I'd never done before. Not sure what I was doing..just listening to too much Dua Lipa I guess ;)

Thanks TAXI for the introduction to this library at the Road Rally!
Hi John,

After watching your TAXI TV on 3/28/22, I had to search for you in this Forum. Thanks for sharing with us.

Excellent job on this song. It's hard to believe this is not a style you normally do. Aika was a great choice for the vocalist too.

Nice work,
Ron

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:05 am

Rockinpop wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:54 am
JohnnyP wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:37 am
First time for Y and R to use this song (1/19/22) featuring the fantastic Aika Zabala on vocals!

This is one of those one-off songs in a style I'd never done before. Not sure what I was doing..just listening to too much Dua Lipa I guess ;)

Thanks TAXI for the introduction to this library at the Road Rally!
Hi John,

After watching your TAXI TV on 3/28/22, I had to search for you in this Forum. Thanks for sharing with us.

Excellent job on this song. It's hard to believe this is not a style you normally do. Aika was a great choice for the vocalist too.

Nice work,
Ron
Thank you Ron for the nice words and for watching!

Yep I found this style really fun to write and produce, and since this song I’ve done several more. All with Aika on vocals. They’re on an album set to be released in April or May.

Thanks again.
Best, john
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com