HIP-HOP DRAMEDY INSTRUMENTAL - Forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

levelone
Active
Active

HIP-HOP DRAMEDY INSTRUMENTAL - Forward

Post by levelone » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:17 am

Hey Guys,

Its been a little while since I submitted to a listing so it was nice to get a forward on this.

Track:

https://soundcloud.com/level-one-music/ ... he-obvious

Listing:

HIP-HOP DRAMEDY INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an International Music Library with lots of great placements in Film and TV.
This Company is searching for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals (or Cues) that could fit in the general stylistic ballpark of the references below, and others like them:
Vanderpump Rules (from 4:21 - 5:00)
Keeping Up With The Kardashians (from 1:26 - 1:52)
Please submit top-notch Dramedy Instrumentals (or Cues) that could help set a lighter, mischievous mood in Reality TV shows. Your submissions should have quirky motifs and slick Hip-Hop production elements and beats. Build your pieces around a central motif, and create a sense of forward dynamics and movement by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. We recommend avoiding anything that sounds overly busy as it could distract from a scene’s dialogue. Please be sure your production and virtual sounds or instruments are high-quality and modern. If you have a track that could help emphasize a "prank" moment on a reality show, this Library wants to hear it!
Your submissions should be roughly 90 Seconds long for Cues, and about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.
This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumentals you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Wednesday, April 27th, 2022. TAXI # S220427DE
Submit to this listing TAXI # S220427DE

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: HIP-HOP DRAMEDY INSTRUMENTAL - Forward

Post by Paulie » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:40 pm

really nice... I got a forward and a return, the forward had something in common with your track: a good amount of reverb on the Pizzi strings.

Nice use of space, not too busy, I like how you bring in the vibraphone, as well as you have some nice breakdown sections to give the listener some variety.

Way to go!
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

levelone
Active
Active

Post by levelone » Sun May 01, 2022 5:49 am

Thanks Paul! Congrats on your forward as well!

OwenGrech
Impressive
Impressive

Post by OwenGrech » Sun May 01, 2022 9:18 pm

Congrats man. Sounds good :)

levelone
Active
Active

Post by levelone » Mon May 02, 2022 6:28 am

Thanks!

ksutton1207
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ksutton1207 » Tue May 03, 2022 10:46 am

Nice one, Jason. I went 2/2 on this listing myself. Your cue has a nice sense of forward momentum and variety in the instrumentation. I especially like the various string articulations (sounds like a few different pizz patches?)

If I had one thought: an editor might appreciate a couple more well defined edit points. But structurally, you’re definitely there. Congrats!

levelone
Active
Active

Post by levelone » Wed May 04, 2022 7:55 am

Thanks Kyle. I did use a few different pizz samples to help with variation. Congrats on your forwards as well!