MP3 or WAV or other format for upload to TAXI?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BrianSteel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

MP3 or WAV or other format for upload to TAXI?

Post by BrianSteel » Fri May 06, 2022 6:47 pm

Good Day fellow Taxi passengers,

If I messed this up and TAXI only accepts WAV files, then sorry for this post. If TAXI accepts mp3 files, then read on per favore:

Wondering if anyone has a preference on file format, and secondly, if it matters as far as what file format you upload for Taxi submissions.

I usually listen to an mp3 file on my home electronics to review the final product because it doesn't support WAV files.

I can play a WAV file on my computer "studio" setup but I wonder if it's possible that I could be putting my chances in jeopardy by uploading an "unvetted" file so to speak as it's not the same experience as playing it on my home system in a way.

My mp3 files sound great on my home electronics. I know technically it's not as good as WAV file. I guess there are home technology that plays wav files. I should look into that.

Does it matter if I upload an mp3 file to TAXI for submission and secondly if it gets forwarded, wouldn't the library ask for a WAV file anyway or not? Do you think there would be much of a difference in quality for the purposes of the brief submission?

Yes, I'm learning the ropes.

Thanks for the insight.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: MP3 or WAV or other format for upload to TAXI?

Post by Casey H » Fri May 06, 2022 6:59 pm

BrianSteel wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 6:47 pm
Does it matter if I upload an mp3 file to TAXI for submission and secondly if it gets forwarded, wouldn't the library ask for a WAV file anyway or not? Do you think there would be much of a difference in quality for the purposes of the brief submission?
Yes, if a library is interested, they will ask you for a hi res wav or aiff file. You can upload mp3 files to Taxi. If you want to have the best quality, upload a 320K mp3 file. Some prefer to upload mp3 over wav because mp3s hold embedded metatada reliably (name, contact info, etc.). Taxi does send all your contact info with forwards but embedding in the file is one more item of extra security regarding that.

HTH
:D Casey