On how many listings you submit your music during a year?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: On how many listings you submit your music during a year?

Post by Paulie » Wed May 11, 2022 6:58 am

Martijn wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:49 am
I might assume you did not get all the placements trough Taxi because honestly I am quite dissapointed about the amount of opportunities they have to offer and this is not only for the style I am doing.
I don't think you have the right mindset or focus for the tv sync business. You want to be an artist, doing things from your heart. I wonder how you would feel if you were given feedback from a library requesting changes... would you say "no, that's not how I feel it?"

Taxi offers hundreds, if not thousands of new music listings every year. To be "dissapointed about the amount of opportunities they have to offer" is an uninformed opinion. You are choosing to limit yourself for your art, that's not Taxi's problem or any music library's problem. I suggest you continue writing the music you love, focus on the best possible quality from a production perspective, build up a catalog of what you enjoy, and then self publish via Spotify, etc. This way you maintain complete control over your musical direction and you serve your personal goals. The music sync business is a business, composers in this business are delivering a product to a market, and success depends on supply and demand.

Best of luck.
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed May 11, 2022 7:45 am

Martijn wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:49 am
I might assume you did not get all the placements trough Taxi because honestly I am quite dissapointed about the amount of opportunities they have to offer and this is not only for the style I am doing. But I could be totally wrong and it's the same amount with all the licensing companies on an average.
It's about a 50-50 split between Taxi & Non Taxi library placements but I only got into the main non-Taxi one through a co-write with another Taxi member...so in a way they are all connected.

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Wed May 11, 2022 8:54 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:45 am
It's about a 50-50 split between Taxi & Non Taxi library placements but I only got into the main non-Taxi one through a co-write with another Taxi member...so in a way they are all connected.
Expressed differently, TAXI worked great for you. :)
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf --> 0|°_°|0 <-- I am a producer/composer with TV & radio placements around the globe. -- Music is the mathematical transmitter of human emotions.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed May 11, 2022 9:52 am

CTWF wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:54 am
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:45 am
Expressed differently, TAXI worked great for you. :)
Not really as the earnings suck :lol:

boinkeee2000
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by boinkeee2000 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:17 pm

Martijn, your best bet is to research for libs who does well in your chosen genre and contact them. That is more in line with your goals of "I have this, are you interested?" rather than "we need this, can you provide?"

Martijn

Post by Martijn » Wed May 11, 2022 1:21 pm

boinkeee2000 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 12:17 pm
Martijn, your best bet is to research for libs who does well in your chosen genre and contact them. That is more in line with your goals of "I have this, are you interested?" rather than "we need this, can you provide?"
Yes I completely agree that's the best route for me.

Rolf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Rolf » Wed May 25, 2022 6:08 am

Hi Martijn,

I do between one and three Listings per month.
Oftentimes in a genre that I'm not familiar with. Though I don't want to be a Jack Of All Trades I love to learn something new. At least I can improve my 'active listening' skills.
A side effect is that I improve my production skills in general.
In most cases, I try to submit more than one track. if I like what I've produced I try to complete an album. This way I've completed a number of albums and pitched them with success to libraries.
Meanwhile, I'm known by some libraries for genres that I never intended to do before I've joined Taxi.

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Wed May 25, 2022 8:10 am

Good luck to you, Martijn. With your mindset, you'll need plenty of luck to get where you want to go. That's all I'll say about that!

~~Matt