Submission/Forward/Deal Statistics

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Submission/Forward/Deal Statistics

Post by Russell Landwehr » Thu May 09, 2019 6:32 pm

Exactly, Andrew.

Control what you can control.

Honestly, I've stopped tracking (most of) my stats. The only thing I do along that line is to make playlists of my stuff that have been used. Then I listen to it to get back on track.

(Well... I DO graph my Royalties Income four times a year... and then pay taxes on it once per year)

For me, tracking stats takes away from the time I could be creating music.

I suppose tracking stats could help a person know where to focus their efforts, but tracking stats in order to compare yourself to a norm? meh

Russell
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

dannyjmusic

Post by dannyjmusic » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:40 pm

How is Taxi Dispatch different from a normal listing? ....After joining a month or so ago, I all of a sudden get all these "dispatch" listings ...seemingly they are the "good" listings...only if you upgrade for ANOTHER $130! Are the other listings not worth submitting to? It seems like just another way of getting more money for your membership. Also, you don't even know about "dispatch" until after you join.....Sorry but it seems like a weasel deal to me!

ShannonM
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ShannonM » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:39 pm

Taxi is a reputable and honest company that definitely does not have weaselly intentions. Dispatch is for those members who are maybe more experienced and prolific than some, and work well with very short deadlines.

Martijn

Post by Martijn » Fri May 13, 2022 2:46 am

dannyjmusic wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:40 pm
How is Taxi Dispatch different from a normal listing? ....After joining a month or so ago, I all of a sudden get all these "dispatch" listings ...seemingly they are the "good" listings...only if you upgrade for ANOTHER $130! Are the other listings not worth submitting to? It seems like just another way of getting more money for your membership. Also, you don't even know about "dispatch" until after you join.....Sorry but it seems like a weasel deal to me!
I completely feel the same. I feel in Dispatch are more listings for me that in general. Really dissapointing that you have to pay an extra fee.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri May 13, 2022 3:34 am

Martijn wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:46 am
dannyjmusic wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:40 pm
I completely feel the same. I feel in Dispatch are more listings for me that in general. Really dissapointing that you have to pay an extra fee.
Micheal has stated on Taxi TV they are considering rolling everything into one membership but expect the price to go up. I wouldn't be surprised if this is rolled out at the RR

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri May 13, 2022 4:08 am

MVB made an excellent point, hitting it right on the head as always. :D All listings are not created equal. I notice that a lot of P2P posts for submissions are for high bar listings-- ad agencies, high sync, Grammy award producer for artist, etc. Nothing wrong with those but you gotta mix it up if you can and get some forwards for libraries looking for songs/cues in a more general way. This is especially important if you are just starting out as you need to build YOUR catalog out there of tracks working for you. To be fair, I haven't been observing closely enough to say if there are less and less of those more general listings these days. If that's true, it's because the music library market is a bit saturated with everyone jumping in the film/TV game.

The first 160 vs. second 160 compare could also be affected by listings often being for repeat clients of Taxi. You could already have landed deals with many of those during your first 160. If you are someone who puts the same cues in multiple non-exclusive libraries, it would be an even bigger factor.

:D Casey