Uplifting Acoustic Guitar Cue

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Uplifting Acoustic Guitar Cue

Post by johndalenow » Sun May 08, 2022 3:20 pm

"My Boy" (90 sec Uplifting Cue acoustic guitar, strings, light perc.)
Edit Delete post Report this post Quote
Post by johndalenow » Fri May 06, 2022 8:08 pm
ALL comments are welcomed.

https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... al_sharing

UPLIFTING ACOUSTIC GUITAR INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an International Music Library with lots of great placements in Film and TV.

This Library is searching for Mid-Tempo Instrumentals (or Cues) that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

"Fly Away" by Ron Alan Cohen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6-5aujnl5M

"Trailways" by Woven Hearts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5eTI30hev8

"Black Kite" by Dust Follows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkt58QOb0ug

Please submit well-produced Instrumentals (or Cues) with an overall uplifting, heartwarming, and introspective vibe that feature acoustic guitar as a focal element. Your submissions should have memorable motifs, excellent arrangements, and solid performances. We recommend crafting your pieces around a central motif, and creating a sense of forward dynamics and movement by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Instrumentation in the general style of the references will suit your submissions best – think acoustic guitars, keys, strings, light drums, electric guitars, etc. Please be sure your production and any virtual sounds or samples you use are high-quality and not dated.

Your submissions should be roughly 90 Seconds long for Cues, and about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumentals you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Saturday, May 28th, 2022. TAXI # S220528UG

MJTthePHD

Post by MJTthePHD » Wed May 11, 2022 6:58 pm

Last edited by MJTthePHD on Tue May 17, 2022 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrentI
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Uplifting Acoustic Guitar Cue

Post by BrentI » Wed May 11, 2022 10:28 pm

Hey John, I think this is a really nice cue.

Personally, I would begin the cue around the 24 second mark and do without the intro. I'm not sure about the percussive strumming...I don't really hear anything like that in the references. I think you could possibly bring it in later to add some momentum, but I might opt for a different type of percussion (shaker, side stick, etc.). I think the fingerpicking also needs to come up more in the mix and be a little brighter. To me the references sound a bit more lush. Perhaps a little more reverb, or maybe even some slight delay? I'm trying to figure that out for myself too.

Hope this is helpful! Wishing you the best with it!

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Thu May 12, 2022 12:07 am

BrentI wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:28 pm
Hey John, I think this is a really nice cue.

Personally, I would begin the cue around the 24 second mark and do without the intro. I'm not sure about the percussive strumming...I don't really hear anything like that in the references. I think you could possibly bring it in later to add some momentum, but I might opt for a different type of percussion (shaker, side stick, etc.). I think the fingerpicking also needs to come up more in the mix and be a little brighter. To me the references sound a bit more lush. Perhaps a little more reverb, or maybe even some slight delay? I'm trying to figure that out for myself too.

Hope this is helpful! Wishing you the best with it!
Thanks for the help. Best!

myk247365
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by myk247365 » Fri May 13, 2022 7:23 pm

I'd say start with the finger picking from the last section, that intrigued me more readily than what you have from 00-23, then the 2nd and 3rd sections follow nicely and you can use the 4th section as is, but longer, it was just getting good there.... :D

Hope this helps

Michael

feaker66
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker66 » Sat May 14, 2022 8:08 am

Nice work. Might be a tad too much reverb??
Thankfully, while growing old is compulsory, growing up remains optional!

https://soundcloud.com/feaker66

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=883613

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Sat May 14, 2022 9:05 am

feaker66 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 8:08 am
Nice work. Might be a tad too much reverb??
Thanks for your comments, Bro. Best!