PRO Request / Newbie question

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kregdurant
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: PRO Request / Newbie question

Post by kregdurant » Wed May 25, 2022 5:29 pm

I still don't understand this part really.
If you're an artist and they want rights to the song exclusively and don't want it on soundcloud spotify etc, I think that hurts the artist more than it helps, i can see it being good for instrumentals, composers, or non artists but correct me if i'm wrong. Artists shouldn't do these kind of deals with songs theyve already released or plan on releasing?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu May 26, 2022 9:15 am

kregdurant wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:29 pm
I still don't understand this part really.
If you're an artist and they want rights to the song exclusively and don't want it on soundcloud spotify etc, I think that hurts the artist more than it helps, i can see it being good for instrumentals, composers, or non artists but correct me if i'm wrong. Artists shouldn't do these kind of deals with songs theyve already released or plan on releasing?
If you sign a song with an exclusive library, it should be because your main goal is to get the song placed in Film/TV. It certainly doesn't hurt the artist if his/her song is used in a TV show, movie, or ad. That credit (not always) *could* be quite good for their career, more so than being on streaming sites. But Film/TV has to be your primary goal to make *this* the right deal. If you care more about streaming and download sales than that, don't sign such an exclusive deal.

HTH
:D Casey

kregdurant
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by kregdurant » Thu May 26, 2022 9:58 am

[/quote]
If you sign a song with an exclusive library, it should be because your main goal is to get the song placed in Film/TV. It certainly doesn't hurt the artist if his/her song is used in a TV show, movie, or ad. That credit (not always) *could* be quite good for their career, more so than being on streaming sites. But Film/TV has to be your primary goal to make *this* the right deal. If you care more about streaming and download sales than that, don't sign such an exclusive deal.

HTH
:D Casey
[/quote]

Thats what i figured, just wanted to confirm it, thank you =]