Feedback Request: Swamp Rock Instrumental

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BrentI
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Feedback Request: Swamp Rock Instrumental

Post by BrentI » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:32 am

Hey Douglas, this sounds great! I'm loving your guitar tones! Curious if they're mic'd or direct.

This is not a style I'm familiar with. My only input is that from a development standpoint, it kinda sounds to me like it stays in the same place for most of the cue. I do hear variation in the drums, and the harmonica is a nice addition later on. Around 48 seconds, it sounds like the start of a new section, but it pretty quickly returns to the main theme. I wonder if that section couldn't begin a bit sooner and then develop for a few more bars before introducing the harmonica. Just a thought!

Hoping this one's a "Forward" for you! Stay encouraged!

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:38 am

LamarPecorino wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:03 pm
Sounds great, Doug! Best of luck with it!
Thank you, Lamar! I very much appreciate the encouragement! I had fun with this one, for sure.

Be well,
Doug

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:44 am

BrentI wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:32 am
Hey Douglas, this sounds great! I'm loving your guitar tones! Curious if they're mic'd or direct.

This is not a style I'm familiar with. My only input is that from a development standpoint, it kinda sounds to me like it stays in the same place for most of the cue. I do hear variation in the drums, and the harmonica is a nice addition later on. Around 48 seconds, it sounds like the start of a new section, but it pretty quickly returns to the main theme. I wonder if that section couldn't begin a bit sooner and then develop for a few more bars before introducing the harmonica. Just a thought!

Hoping this one's a "Forward" for you! Stay encouraged!
Hi Brent! Thank you very much for listening and commenting -- I really welcome your feedback too, and will definitely consider your idea. It was challenging to avoid too much soloing, per the listing, so it does seem a bit empty/repetitive in that section, I agree. With the guitars, I mic'd the acoustic (1970's Yamaha) and electric rhythm guitars (Clapton strat through a Fender Super Champ X2) but played the slide directly into a UAD Apollo interface with a Friedman amp plug in.

Anyway, thanks again and keep up the good work yourself!
Doug