with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

debmccall
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

transfering wav files from Sequel DAW to Cubase 10.5 pro DAW

Post by debmccall » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:43 pm

Hi Taxi family!

Does anyone know how to transfer a song from one Daw to another? I want to edit a song I did in Sequel, and try to make it better using Cubase.
Thanks !

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: transfering wav files from Sequel DAW to Cubase 10.5 pro DAW

Post by Casey H » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:38 pm

Hi
Usually you just export all the files as wav from one DAW and import them into the other. Is there more we need to know?

:D Casey

kregdurant
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by kregdurant » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:56 pm

Yes what casey said. Normally you print multitracks (or stems as some people call them which is also incorrect, but thats another story.)

Some keywords to search on youtube are "Your DAW" - Multitrack(or stem) - bounce/print. That should get you there.

If you want to keep your reverbs or other fx. Route them to their own channel and print them on their own track. My suggestion is just print all of your tracks in mono. If you have the ability( and patience) print tracks in mono that are mono (single gtr kick snare, vocals,etc) and print tracks in stereo that are stereo (mostly just synths, and fx). if you need help feel free to ask more questions, i check this thing a few times a week.

debmccall
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by debmccall » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:53 pm

Casey H wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:38 pm
Hi
Usually you just export all the files as wav from one DAW and import them into the other. Is there more we need to know?

:D Casey
Hi Casey, Thank you so much for responding... if I make a wav file of the song...how do I get it to open in cubase "as individual tracks" so that I can improve them in cubase?
I am obviously not very techy...sorry for my ignorance. :( ...so glad the forum and folks like you are here to help.

debmccall
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by debmccall » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:10 pm

Hmmm...this is a bit embarrasing, but I don't know how to transfer the tracks from Sequel to Cubase. If I turn them into wav files, then I don't know how to reopen them as individual tracks, so that I can edit the vocals, the keys or whatever needs help.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:20 pm

debmccall wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:10 pm
Hmmm...this is a bit embarrasing, but I don't know how to transfer the tracks from Sequel to Cubase. If I turn them into wav files, then I don't know how to reopen them as individual tracks, so that I can edit the vocals, the keys or whatever needs help.
You need to export each track separetely, i.e. not mixed together. I don't know Sequel but a quick Google brought up a forum post that says it cannot export stems ( unlike most every other DAW )

So I think what you will need to do is solo each track or group of tracks one at a time , then bounce it down to a new Wav and just repeat that process until you have everything

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cassmcentee » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:01 pm

What Mark said!
Know what folder you put those files in...
Then you will open a "NEW PROJECT" in Cubase
Then you will use "Import" to add each individual file into the New Project.
It will help if you set the correct TEMPO in Cubase and use the GRID function to line the files up
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings