1st Contact From a Library

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: 1st Contact From a Library

Post by Casey H » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:11 pm

switchbladesousa wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:20 pm
Thanks everyone for all of your responses. It's really helpful. And thanks to those of you who checked out my music, I really appreciate it :)

I got back to them pretty quickly with the reviewed and signed contract, but it's been about 3 weeks and haven't heard from them. Is this common? I did send a short check in email a few days ago, still nothing.

Best,
Jon
What were you expecting back from them now that you signed the contract? Instructions to upload and tag tracks? Just curious.

Glad things are moving forward.

:D Casey

switchbladesousa

Post by switchbladesousa » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:38 pm

Well, I was hoping for a basic email acknowledgment the they received my signed contract and then, yes, ultimately guidance on the next steps. The contract says that a link will be given for the "deliverables". I imagine that because they're a new company, they have a lot going on just to get set up and running.
Thanks Casey,
Jon

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:49 pm

switchbladesousa wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:38 pm
Well, I was hoping for a basic email acknowledgment the they received my signed contract and then, yes, ultimately guidance on the next steps. The contract says that a link will be given for the "deliverables". I imagine that because they're a new company, they have a lot going on just to get set up and running.
Thanks Casey,
Jon
Yea, I'd just sit back and be patient as things can take time with busy folks. 3 weeks isn't huge. And of course the last thing you want to do right now is email them and ask as that might be annoying-- the very thing they wanted to avoid when asking for library-experienced composers. Give it another 2 months and hopefully you'll hear.

Best,
:D Casey

switchbladesousa

Post by switchbladesousa » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:50 am

Will do!