not renewing Thanks.

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: not renewing Thanks.

Post by Casey H » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:01 am

VanderBoegh wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:15 am
Posts like these crack me up. People get fed up, refuse to take criticism about their music, refuse to alter their strategy, blame the screeners for not forwarding their music, etc. Then they come here to the forums to complain - grinding their ax one last time before disappearing entirely and not even responding to other comments. Just a mic drop and disappearing act.

Bye Felicia!!

~~Matt
#DLTDHYITA
(Don't let the door hit you in the ass)

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:41 am

Casey H wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:01 am
VanderBoegh wrote:
Posts like these crack me up. People get fed up, refuse to take criticism about their music, refuse to alter their strategy, blame the screeners for not forwarding their music, etc. Then they come here to the forums to complain - grinding their ax one last time before disappearing entirely and not even responding to other comments. Just a mic drop and disappearing act.

Bye Felicia!!

~~Matt
#DLTDHYITA
(Don't let the door hit you in the ass)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

or.. #LYAHYBITF

Let your ass hit you back in the face
Ceo of my own life

JonathanE
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JonathanE » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:07 am

VanderBoegh wrote:

Bye Felicia!!

~~Matt
Matt, hearing about how many returns you had, and yet have become super successful, is very inspiring. It seems like you adopted the "fail faster" philosophy... where you got your failures (and ego) out of the way more quickly than other people. You are a major inspiration, thank you
“He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.”
https://www.taxi.com/members/jonathane
jonathan@earthenmusic.com

BrianSteel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BrianSteel » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:44 pm

I didn't read one reply. I renewed for 1 year after thinking about what Taxi is really doing for me overall. I consider it an investment at this stage in my production career and keeping myself focused on building up my portfolio.

eandersonmusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by eandersonmusic » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:39 am

Glad to hear it Brian. Most of us go through that stage in the first year or so. The key is fighting through it, and like I said before.. being honest with yourself and your work.

Welcome back, post some material you're working on that you're not too sure about or need help with and get some feedback!
Use this tool and the screener critiques to your advantage. Hopefully we'll see you more here on the forum!
Erik Anderson ~ Composer, Producer and Musician
Website • https://www.eandersonmusic.com
Taxi page • https://www.taxi.com/members/erikanderson
Spotify • https://open.spotify.com/artist/78FpvfK ... 0MClpl1zqA

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Paulie » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:36 pm

BrianSteel wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:44 pm
I didn't read one reply. I renewed for 1 year after thinking about what Taxi is really doing for me overall. I consider it an investment at this stage in my production career and keeping myself focused on building up my portfolio.
Yeah, I'm gonna take "Things that didn't happen for $1,000, Alex" on this one. Why did you post if you didn't read? Welcome back, good luck... but don't be a smart ass. A large part of success in this industry is attitude, hopefully the comments you didn't read were informative.

Again, good luck. :)
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

mahtovid

Post by mahtovid » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:22 am

Talking with fellow Taxi members can help, watching the Taxi TVs can be really informative, but in the end you have to be honest with yourself whether or not you can actually do this because it does take time.

Burnzy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Burnzy » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:07 pm

BrianSteel wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 6:30 pm

If you think I'm over-reacting, you can go listen to my stuff.
No link? Well, I can't wait to Google you and hear how great your returns are. Best of luck to you in the future.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:57 pm

Here's something else to not read then :) even though it might help.
shorturl.at/dHJ18
Last edited by Telefunkin on Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:09 am

Well I hope you take the time and read the comments and maybe this one will give you hope with others. I read that you rejoined. Good.

My track "A las montanas" got returned 3 times before getting a forward on it a few days ago. Yes frustrated and maybe not agreeing totally with the screener I kept taking notes and fine tuning the track according to the screeners comments. Hearing back the old take that got returned compared to the new one I admit the screener was right.

I know exactly why my tracks were getting returned for a while. My secondary ref monitors stopped working.Tried to use a pan flute vst that sounded like crap. Didn't give myself enough time to mix and master properly and bla,blah....blah...and the quote " the dog ate my homework" excuses,excuses...that they don't need to hear and it is not their concern and it shouldn't be, they just want to hear the final polished product.

Anyway hopefully stories like these (if you read) will land you many forwards and placements.

Good luck.